Queue For polling

Hi ,

IN TN how to use the Dilivery document by → QUEUE FOR POLLING.

in Transaction i am able to view the status as POLLING.

now my question is how the receiver patner will get the document.

Did he had to invoke some service or get the data ?

DID he had to look into database to get the data ?

Regards

Please review these guides for more details on the Queue for Polling concepts/configuration:

[URL]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8-2_sp2/Trading_Networks/8-2-SP1_Trading_Networks_Concepts_Guide.pdf[/URL] (Chapter.6)

[URL]http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8-2_sp2/Trading_Networks/8-2-SP1_Trading_Networks_Administrators_Guide.pdf[/URL] (chapter.16 : Defining Queue for Polling should cover the info step by step)

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG for prompt reply
8-2-SP1_Trading_Networks_Administrators_Guide.pdf page number 396/397 had not give full information about QUEUE for polling.

and also 8-2-SP1_Trading_Networks_Concepts_Guide.pdf chapter number 6 had give much more information related to sheduler queue delivery.

my question is related to QUEUE FOR POLLING :-

When we look the document status as POLLABLE , how the receive will fatch the doucment ?. Do receive patner had to invoke any service to get the document ?. if so which service have to invoke.
DO receiver had to get the data from database ?.

it will be great help if you please provide me information related to QUEUE FOR POLLING

Did you follow all the instructions on the setup for polling and server parameters (To set up Queue for polling for webMethods for Partners)?..

TN Users guide: Searching for Documents that Are Queued for Polling:

Pollable documents are documents that are queued for a trading partner. The receiving
partner’s Trading Networks system will periodically poll your system to determine
whether any documents are queued for it. The partner’s Trading Networks polls for the
documents based on the polling frequency set in the delivery method settings in the
partner profile.
When Trading Networks places a document in the queue for polling, it changes the
processing status of the document to POLLABLE indicating the document is available for
the receiving partner to poll for it.
After the receiving partner polls and receives the document, Trading Networks updates
the processing status to one of the following:
Query Field Operator Value
Processing Status Equals QUEUED
Managing B2B Integrations: webMethods Trading Networks User’s Guide Version 8.2 29
3 Managing and Tracking Documents
 ACCEPTED, if the receiving partner picked up the document and indicated that it
was processed successfully
 ACCEPTED W/ ERRORS, if the receiving partner picked up the document but
encountered errors while attempting to process the document
To search for documents that are queued for polling, you can search for documents using
the query fields below:
For more information about queuing documents for partners, see Building B2B
Integrations: webMethods Trading Networks Administrator’s Guide.

Please try to test in a lower level environment and TN does most of the work in this scenario and you also need to explore more on the TN queues and processing rules regarding delivering and queues.

Also what made you driven to use Queue for Polling mechanism? Just for your training/hands on or a business requirement?

HTH,
RMG

When Trading Networks places a document in the queue for polling, it changes the
processing status of the document to POLLABLE indicating the document is available for
the receiving partner to poll for it.

Now Again my same question:

How the receiver will get the data ?
Do receive patner had to invoke any service to get the document ?.
DO receiver had to get the data from database ?.
Which mechanism he Receiver have to fallow to get the data which are in POLLABLE STATE

Yes everything will be processed which is stored via TN DB and outofbox services.

So which Protocol option are you selecting in the TN partner profile’s Delivery Method tab?

First Is you partner a HTTP/s or FTP or Email delivery based?

You either need to create a custom gateway service or have them invoke wm.tn:receive (gateway service via HTTPs/reverse gatway securely) and post the documents to your TN.If it is outbound from your system then you can either use client:http service or TN delivery method to Post/send a document via any TN receiver (partner’s preferred delivery method/protocol)

So there are various ways to send or retrieve documents to/from TN:

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

IN Patner profile for polling setting we had choose

Polling Method : http

Polling Methods : 10 Mins

IN Processing rules choosen option in Queue for Polling.

When we process the document in TN Transaction we see the status as POLLABLE

Now very Simple Question again : -

1. Do the receiver patner will fetch the data by means of wm.tn:receive service.As per my understading wm.tn:receive service is used to send the data to patner not to fatch the data from TN.
  2. Can you please explain me which mechanism external pattner use to get the data which are in POLLABLE State.

Its good if i get the detail on this how the patner will get the data

1. Do the receiver patner will fetch the data by means of wm.tn:receive service.As per my understading wm.tn:receive service is used to send the data to patner not to fatch the data from TN. → They can only use this service to post/route the Data to your TN ONLY not get/fetch the data.

2.For POLLABLE state you need to configure the server.cnf params as per the documentation…

But question for you is what made you using POLLABLE mechanism?

Instead of polling why dont you use Receivers Preferred protocol http you setup already outbound transactions?

And regarding Inbound transactions your partner can invoke/post your gateway service any time they want isn’t?

HTH,
RMG

2.For POLLABLE state you need to configure the server.cnf params as per the documentation…

But question for you is what made you using POLLABLE mechanism?

When we use develivery option as QUEUE for POLLING then in TN Transaction we can view document as POLLABLE. once the document got pick up via receiver then it change the status to ACCEPTED.

Now Mine very simple question : -

How the receiver system will fatch the data. Please elobrate on this. This is the point which i am looking from starting

Instead of polling why dont you use Receivers Preferred protocol http you setup already outbound transactions?

if we use this mechaism then doucment will directly send to patner. but becouse of firewall constraint we use to choose option as Queue for polling.

And regarding Inbound transactions your partner can invoke/post your gateway service any time they want isn’t?

Let me know the mechaism how patner will invoke the webMethods to pick up the data which are in POLLABLE State.

HTH,
RMG

What firewall constraint made you not to use direct posting or getting from your partner?

POLLABLE is not very widely used and it won’t work as documented and you have to route via http post or get or use QUEUE for Delivery and setup private queues Batch FTP option if they are doable for you:

HTH,
RMG