Pushing files to remote location via Active Transfer Gateway

Hi,
Environment : Active Transfer Gateway 9.8, Active Transfer 9.8,
I want to push files to a remote location using Active Transfer Gateway to another external location.
The way I was planning was to Configure Active Transfer for a scheduled push . Connect to outside location using Active Transfer Gateway.
But the documentation only says about inbound traffic. It seemed from documentation that it is not possible to push the files as there is no open streaming buffer at the Active Transfer Gateway.
I am sure it is possible in Active Transfer Server
Could someone please clarify if it is possible to push file through Active Transfer Gateway?
Also how to do a checksum of files transferred to ensure we received the complete file?

Thanks much in advance.

Active Transfer gateway is only intended for receiving files, you typically place it into DMZ, so no ports need to be opened directly pointing to you server. Pushing/writing outbound files needs to be done by the Active Transfer Server.

Thank you for the confirmation.
Even if we are using the Active Transfer Server how to ensure if entire file has been transferred before allowing the consuming application to read. I know MFT applications are supposed to ensure that inherently but thought to check it.

Also if there are multiple files to be transferred in same schedule (using reg. expressions) how do i ensure all files are received or transferred ? Is it possible only by using a temporary folder and then copying to original folder?

Hi,

Inbound scenarios traverse from external partner to AT gateway in DMZ to AT server file system/VFS
Outbound scenarios traverse directly from AT server to external port
We don’t require to use temporary folder for outbound scenarios, configure a scheduled event (Manual or time period), and give the Source File URL path (remote or VFS) in FIND Action and eventual action steps to process.
Once the file is found in FIND action, it will execute the consecutive actions steps.
We can use some options like:

• By default it will delay the scheduled event processing until all files are available for use
  • You can use option “Exclude files that are being updated”
  • You can configure high availability Upload/Download recovery options in virtual folders, it will provide automatic resume of interrupted file transfer requests from point of failure

Thanks,
Vijay.N