- Setup preparation
- Installation of Active Transfer Server
- Installation of Active Transfer Gateway
- Installation of Active Transfer Agent
- Create User and Configure the User in Server
- Add VFS
- Configure Gateway in MWS
- Configure Agent in Server
- File Transfer from Server to Agent
- Create an event and transfer file
ActiveTransfer Agent is a light-weight application that helps to automate file transfers from multiple systems throughout the enterprise. These systems can be located remotely or on premise. This document provides step by step instruction to transfer file from Active Transfer Server to Agent through Active Transfer Gateway. The instructions contained in this article are for webMethods Product version 10.3 and above.
A typical business scenario involves file transfer from Server to Agent through Gateway. So in this article we are installing Server, Agent and Gateway in three different machines.
- Installation of Active Transfer Server:
- Launch installer and select ActiveTransfer Server/Gateway from the installer tree. Select the dependent product Active Transfer UI present under My WebMethods User Interface click next
- Select the "Run as Server" radio button from the ActiveTransfer Server/Gateway panel. Provide valid license file for ActiveTransfer Server, database details and complete the installation
2. Installation of Active Transfer Gateway:
In another machine select ActiveTransfer Server/Gateway from the installer tree and click Next. Select the "Run as Gateway (reverse proxy)" radio button from the ActiveTransfer Server/Gateway panel. Provide valid license file for ActiveTransfer Gateway, database details and complete the installation
3. Installation of Active Transfer Agent:
Install Agent in another machine other than the machines in which ActiveTransfer Server and ActiveTransfer Gateway are installed. Select ActiveTransfer Agent from the installer tree. Provide valid license file for ActiveTransfer Agent and complete the installation.
1. Create User and Configure the User in Server:
- First we will create a user so login to MWS in which active transfer server installed.
- Navigate to Administration->Integration->Managed File Transfer->Users and click on User tab.
- Click on the plus (+) symbol and select "Create a New User" radio button. Provide the User ID, First Name, Last Name and Email id .Expand the Advanced Settings and Click on "Create a Password" radio button and provide password on both the input fields.
- Click Create User and then Click Add
2. Once the user is created then that user needs to be configured in the active transfer server machine .Login to the machine and navigate to the location, <install_dir>/IntegrationServer/instances/default/packages/WmMFT/config/ and edit the file properties.cnf and assign the User created in above steps for the property mft.agent.user and save the file and reload the package.
2. Add VFS:
- In MWS ,navigate to Administration->Integration->Managed File Transfer->Virtual Folder Management
- Click on the plus (+) symbol and provide the folder name and select the check box for 'This folder has a physical location’. Click Add.
- Expand Location section for the above created folder and provide the path of the directory from which files needs to transferred and click Save button
3. Configure Gateway in MWS
1. In this step we are configuring the Active Transfer Gateway in MWS.
- Navigate to Administration->Integration->Managed File Transfer. Click on Server Management and then on Gateway tab.
- Click on the plus (+) symbol and provide the folder Name, Host IP Address (provide the host IP address in which gateway is installed) and Port number and click Ok.Click on the Check Status button to check the status of the connection.
2. Once the Gateway is configured then the active transfer gateway port is added in this step in MWS
- Navigate to Administration->Integration->Managed File Transfer. Click on Server Management and then click on 'Localhost' and click on the Arrow mark against ATGateway.
- Click on the plus (+) symbol and provide the Name, change the Protocol according to the requirement and provide the port number and click on Ok button. Click on the Check Status button to check the status of the connection.
4.Configure Agent in MWS:
- In this step we are updating a file in Agent machine. So navigate to the location <install_dir>\profiles\MAG\configuration\com.softwareag.platform.config.propsloader and edit the file com.softwareag.mag.common.properties for the properties at.server.port (port should be same as provided in step 9), at.server.user(User name same as provided in step 5 ) ,@secure.at.server.password,at.server.host(host name in which gateway is installed).And also copy the nodeid from the file nodeId from the location <install_dir>\profiles\MAG\configuration\agent.
- In MWS, navigate to Administration->Integration->Managed File Transfer->Agent Management->Agents. Click on the plus (+) symbol and provide the Agent name, Agent ID (copied from the above step) and description. And click on Add button.
3.Click on the Edit button for the above created Agent and change the Status to enabled and click Ok button.
File Transfer from Server to Agent:
1. Create an event and transfer file:
- Once the Agent is configured then the Agents Events are created. Agent events are the ones in which we can schedule the file transfer, also we can mention whether files needs to transfer from Server to Agent or vice versa, etc.
- In MWS, Navigate to Administration->Integration->Managed File Transfer->Agent Management->Agents Events.Click on the plus (+) symbol and provide the Event Name and Description. And click Ok button.
b. Select the above created event and select the Active box. Schedule the time to trigger the event.
c.Expand the Transfer Definition and click on the Active Transfer Server radio button under the section "Copy Files From”. Click on the "Select a virtual folder" icon and select the virtual folder created in step 6.Click on the Agent radio button under the section "Copy Files To" and provide the path of the directory where the files needs to copied.
d. Expand the Advanced Settings and select the check boxes according to the requirements and click on the Save button.
2. Files will be transferred according to scheduled time and will be available in the agent machine in the specified directory. In MWS, status of the file transferred can be checked by Navigating to Monitoring->Integration ->Managed File Transfer ->Agent Activity Log as shown in the below screen shot