Active Transfer Agent is a light-weight application that helps you automate file transfers from multiple systems throughout your enterprise. These systems can be located remotely or on-premise. Operating as the central management hub, an ActiveTransfer Server instance can be used to configure scheduled file transfer events, push the event configurations to the agents, and monitor file transfers that the agents execute
In Active Transfer Agents page, we can synchronize the agent instances installed through Command Central, register agent instances that were installed directly on-premise in ActiveTransfer Server, enable agents, view, and edit agent configuration details.
Following are the steps needed to synchronize agent from Command Central:
- Install the Active Transfer server and Command Central
(Ex: Installation Dir: C:\SoftwareAGMFT)
- Install Active Transfer Agent
(Ex: Installation Dir: C:\Agent)
- Start MWS, IS and Command Central servers
In Active transfer, create an HTTP or HTTPS Listener.The created listener will be used while connecting Agent with Active Transfer Server.
- Add the new user that Agent can use to connect to Active Transfer Server
- Add created user details in a new user profile in the properties.cnf file located in:
- Add Command Central details in the file located at: C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmMFT\config\CommandCentral.cnf
- Configure the credentials that agent instance connects to ActiveTransfer Server
- Login to Command Central and Navigate to Agent instance Configuration
- Select ATServerDetails in the dropdown
- Edit Username and Password credentials details (User created in step 4)
- Restart Integration Server and Agent
- Synchronizing Active Transfer Agent
- Login to Active Transfer Server and Navigate to Agent - > Agents page
- Click on the “Synchronize” button
On click of Synchronize button, the agent will get added to Active Transfer Server and we can enable, disable or delete the agent accordingly.