Publdapsearch question

Hello,
(IS 4.6) In an ldap:search I have set a value of erpid for ldapReturnAttributes. In the pipeline the ldapSearchResults record only
has values $name and $object in it (of course). When I look in the results tab I can see the erpid values captured in ldapSearchResults. My question: I would like to map the erpids to a record so that I can put them in an xml doc. Have mercy on a newbie and explain how I can “get” those erpids from the results tab to a record in the pieline.
Thank you in advance - and I hope I was clear.

Kirk:
I’m a newbie to webMethods 6 also, so…

At the VERY simplest level (one directory entry returned, single-valued attribute), what works for me is to create a document that contains a string variable with the name of the attribute, and then, in the pipeline, just connect the ldapsearchresults output to that document - and webMethods automagically does the mapping.

So, in your case, you would need a document with a string variable named “erpid”. And from there, you can do additional processing

It gets more complicated from there (which is what I’m working with now)

• multivalued attributes are returned in string lists, not strings
  • multiple directory entries are returned in multiple documents (since ldapSearchResults is a document lists)
  • error handling

Best of luck!

Robert:
Thank you for your quick and helpful response.
Kirk

Kirk:
Have you looked at the pub.ldap.lookup service? It requires that you know the dn of the directory entry, but if you do, it returns the data in a nice manner…

Robert,
Thanks again. My ultimate problem seems to be often discussed in this forum. My filtered ldap:search (I’m looking for the IDs of active customers) returns several thousand results. If I manually add the item erpid to my ldapSearchResults Record in the pipeline I can loop through this Record and capture explicitly the erpid. So far so good. Subsequent to this step I would like to append this erpid value to a Record List using appendToRecordList. The chronic problem created by this method, and to which I am researching solutions, is that each time you append a new erpid (and hardcode an item that indicates this erpid is active) to the Record List every Record in the Record List takes the current item’s erpid value. I am looking through the forums for good solutions and would be happy to hear of any that you or others may have. Thanks again.