Pubclientsmtp with notify%3dsuccess

Hi,

I try to send a mail via the pub.client.smtp service in WM6.

And i need to receive a technical aknowledgement when this mail arrives in the destination mailbox.

For this, i have to add in the “RCPT TO:” command the argument : NOTIFY=SUCCESS.

But, if i add this argument to the “TO” field or if i create a mime header with this “TO” field like : TO -> <myname@myadress.com> NOTIFY=SUCCESS,

the pub.client.smtp service sends a mail to myname@myadress.com, and try to send a mail to : NOTIFY=SUCCESS@unknown.com

Is there a special way to add this argument in the “TO” field, or does anyone know a solution to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Lionel.

Hi,
I am using pub.client:smtp service on windows localhost with webmethods6 version. While using i am having an error with the input fields. can someone let me what to specifies if i use on localhost. i am very new to webMethods .
Thanks in advance.
-RAO

Rao,

Can you tell what kind of errors are you getting?

ramesh.

Rao,

In the smtp service inputs you have to mention the mail server ip or hostname to which the mail server exchange used in your network.

Also please elaborate with your error message.

HTH,
RMG

Hello Ramesh/RMG,

it is giving me this exception
com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: <ipaddress>, port: 25;

-Rao

Rao,

Make sure ipadress/hostname is correct(typo etc…) and working.The smtp host should be accessable from IS in the network exchange mail server.

Just do a ping from the IS server installed location.

HTH,
RMG

Hello RMG,
I am specifing the correct hostname but still it gives the same error. i tried working on the IS logging and setted up the smtp service but no luck.
-Rao

Rao,

Check in the Extended settings for watt.server.smtpServer.if it is not there, set it to the SMTP host name you are using.

ramesh.

Also in the ISAdminConsole Setting Logging page what is here set to?

Email Notification-
SMTP Server -ipaddress or hostname-

May be ramesh’s suggestion above can help for fix.

HTH,
RMG

i followed as you said but it is giving me the same exceptions
-Rao

As an alternative please check with your webM Admin or network guy for trouble shooting.Since all your inputs are valid according to your debug.

HTH,
RMG