pub.client.smtp service parameters in mailhost and mailhostport for outlook

Hi All,

I have tried using wM service:pub.client.smtp by providing mailhostname:“smtp.office365.com” and in TO parameter my outlook emailId after running the service has given error: “com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.57 SMTP; Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM [KU1PR03CA0001.apcprd03.prod.outlook.com]”

Even i have tried with my gmailId in TO parameter and mailHost: smtp.gmail.com the service has given error, “com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. b15sm14221184pff.31 - gsmtp”

I am using webMethods 10.1 trial testing free version. PFA the attached service screenshot.

Note: I haven’t done any done any extended settings change in IS level. If required what needs to be configured?

Your responses will be helpful. In this scenario i need to send an email to emailID with documentList/StringList as an Attachment.

Have you tried to provide username and password under auth?
If you’re connecting to a SMTP server which requires secured connection, try to set transportLayerSecurity to explicit or implicit?

@Xiaowei Wang yes you are correct, after providing correct mailhost and auth username password.