Proxy login using CAF for an Application

Hi Experts,

Needed to check with you all , if we could provide Proxy login using CAF , which means say Administrator on behalf of some user logs in to Application to complete his/her work ( Administrator is provided with option to do Proxy Login where he/she gets all the rights through which he would like to login and complete Tasks and also option to opt out of this option after work is completed )

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

Regards,
Nischal

There is no provided UI for doing that.

But the java APIs do have support for impersonation if the user has been granted the “MWS > Impersonate Users” functional privilege.

Hi Nischal,

I agree with Norman here.

You can find the impersonate users setting here:

1. login to MWS with admin rights
  2. go to Administration->System Wide->Permissions Management
  3. select webMethods applications and click Next
  4. Edit the rights for the “My webMethods Administrators”
  5. grant permission for “Impersonate Users for Remote Clients”

Hope it helps,
Vlad Turian

1 Like

Hi Vlad,

Just to know more how this could help me to build the feature to impersonate users . To be precise lets say for my Application i have a Role created that behave like Administrator and have user 1 mapped to it . When user 1 logs in to Application , there needs to be an option for User 1 to impersonate in to someone else say User 2 who does not belong to Administrator role but belongs to some other role specific to Application. Could this be achieved ?

Regards,
Nischal

Hi Nischal,

I do not think that your scenario fits my solution.

But for more information please check the following resource: 8-2-SP1_Administering_My_webMethods_Server.pdf (Chapter 10. Managing Permissions).

Hope it helps,
Vlad Turian