Port issue

Greetings,

I removed the port ‘5555’ through the administrator console. But when I do netstat -nap tcp, I get the following result -

TCP 0.0.0.0:3700 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:3820 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:3920 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:4848 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:5555 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:6850 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:6859 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:7676 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:7778 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

How to disable/free this port. Is there a config file that I have to change???

Thanks,
Sunny

Hi SmallByte,

I encountered several tricky errors when removing port. Sometimes the file
IntegrationServer/config/port.cnf is not correctly updated when you do modification through the console.
The 5555 port is by default the primary port of the IntegrationServer (It means the port you use to access the Administrator after first installation).

Before removing the 5555 port you have first

• to create a new port

• Enable the new port

• Switch the primary port from 5555 to the new port.

• Stop IntegrationServer

• Edit the file IntegrationServer/config/port.cnf (i always encounter this error the port.cnf is not updated after changing the primary so you have to do it manually)

• Change the following line for 5555 port structure
    include
    to following line
    exclude

• Change the following line for new primary port you created
    exclude
    to following line
    include

• Launch again the IntegrationServer

• You can now remove the 5555 port.

If someone has an easier way to proceed without modifying a file i am curious to know, i always encounter same problem while changing port.

Regards,
Djibril.

Djibril,

Thanks for the reply. Its obvious that when you remove the default 5555 port - you have to have someother primary port…otherwise the console will not allow you to remove 5555.

I dont even see the port 5555 in the port.cnf.

Even then, when I do netstat, I see this port - 5555 - being used. I see this port even after stoping the IS server and restarting the machine. I am now doubting that some other software might be using this port. But this is a new system :(.

Any ideas??

Sunny

Did you shut down properly your IntegrationServer ?

Try with a ‘ps -efa | grep java | grep webMethods’ to check if your java process is not still running .

Even if you shutdown from the console, inconsistent state could lead sometimes the java process to hang !

Regards,
Djibril.

Do you think the java process still run after I restart my machine :slight_smile:

Its not the java processes…should be something else

I am just trying to help you, so take it gentle !

If the 5555 port is not used by webMethods how were you able to launch your IntegrationServer before removing 5555 port from the console(unless you initially change the primary port) ?

Ooops. Sorry, I was just kidding. Hope you did not take it personal. This is the way I talk to a friend. :slight_smile:

BTW, I am starting my IS using a different port at the command line. Like

server.bat -port 10001

Hello Djibril,

BTW, I guess I did not Thank you for your co-operation. This is a good conversation and I have learnt few points.

Thanks again,
Sunny

You are wellcome ! You’ll probably help me another day.

Regards,
Djibril

Hi Sunny,
The situation below is very unlikely if this is your machine.

If you have received this machine from somebody else, may be that some previous version of IS is installed there as Windows Service and has automatic start when you boot your machine. In that case it will not show up as java process.

• Bhawesh.

Bhawesh,

This is a new system. I installed wM 4 times and uninstalled 3 times. But that should not make a difference. Or does it?

when you said, installing IS as Window Service. Do you mean IS components like Broker - I uninstalled all the components of the older versions. I made sure of that, before installing new version.

I know Broker and mainframe are configured to start during startup. I made them to start Manually. Now, I have checked Administrator_tool > manage in my windows machine and I dont see any webMethod related stuff there thats starting Automatic.

Is there a way to close an open port in Windows??

[URL=“Wie schließe ich einen Port?”]Wie schließe ich einen Port?

HTH