Plug-in Manager missing

Natural 9.1.1 HF004 running on Windows 10.

“Plug-in Manager” no longer appears on the Configuration Tools sub-menu. Is there a way to restore the entry without un-installing & re-installing Natural?

Unregistering and re-registering the default plug-ins, followed by a system restart, did not resolve the issue.

Hi Ralph,

Did you try using the “Update Manager” to apply more current fixes? I’m not sure about HF004, but my install of v9.1.1 HF006 does include the Plug-in Manager.

Thanks,
Chad.

and of course after I sent that first message I remembered this:

Description:
The Plug-in Manager tool is missing on any machine installed with Windows 10 1803 build. Reverting back to Windows 10 1709 build reestablishes the Plug-in Manager.
Resolution:
The installation log file and sysplman_add.reg.txt doesn’t show any problems with the registry keys.

So the recommendation is to do the following workaround:

1. Terminate all running Natural sessions.

2. Open a command prompt by starting “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe” with “Run As Administrator”.

(Note 1: It is necessary to start cmd.exe from SysWOW64, because we need a 32bit command prompt.) (Note 2: It is necessary to start it with “Run As Administrator” to allow the change of registry keys.)

1. Execute the following command in the Command prompt:
    regedit /s “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Software AG\Natural\V1\fnat\SYSPLMAN\RES\sysplman_del.reg”

2. Execute the following command in the Command prompt:
    regedit /s “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Software AG\Natural\V1\fnat\SYSPLMAN\RES\sysplman_add.reg”

3. Start Natural again.

With these steps the Plugin Manager should be visible.

Thanks, Chad.

Months ago we installed Natural on two dozen laptops. This is our first issue with 9.1.1.4. My machine has Win10 build 1802, so I presume that the others have the same (from the same image). As part of the installation we added two homegrown plug-ins, so someone would have noticed if Plug-in Manger was missing at the outset.

My “unregistering and re-registering the default plug-ins” was intended to do what you recommend, but it applies regedit to all 17 SAG-supplied plug-ins, not just Plug-in Manager.

Perhaps I didn’t “run as administrator.” I’ll try the registration process again.