Outbound Push

Hello All,

Platform - WM 6.1 / Oracle 9i

Once i created the edi string and submitted to TN using routeXML how TN push this to outside world . I guess this should be through processing rule

If yes

which TN service ( or a custom service (any threads on this) ) i should invoke from my Processing Rule

( if i am sending this through http(s) what all headers i should wrap to this string )

FYI - in partner profiles i have the http & ftp settings…

Thx

Varun

Varun,

There are many options to deliver the documents (XML,EDI,Flatfile)from TN to outsideworld.In your case i believe for EDI you can send via VAN,Http,FTP,SMTP etc…setup.

If you have specified Primary Http/Https/FTP settings in the TN PartnerProfile (say for Receiver) and if routeXML routes the Edidata to TN then create a Processing rule based on the Sender/Receiver/DocumentType and in the under Action select
Perform the following actions:
Check the Deliver Document By:Immediate Delivery (select the list box what ever primaryHTTP or PrimaryHTTPS etc…that what ever you mentioned the transport in the TN partner profile)and Save it.

For better understanding on this procedure go thru this documentation
wMTN_BuildingYourNetwork.pdf located in (TnConsole/doc)filefolder.

HTH,

You can use the rule to do this.
If you’re sending to a VAN then you need to create a public queue with the VAN credentials. You will need to register the service that the queue will execute. See the services in the WmEDIforTN.VAN.VANconnectivity:putToVAN as an example.
Then in your rule on the Action tab you can set Deliver Document By to Schedule Delivery and select the Queue you created above.

I’m not sure about delivering EDI by HTTP unless it’s EDIINT but I suppose you would set your delivery method at the partner and in the rule select the appropriate value for Deliver Document By. As for the wrapping you’d have to get that from your partner.

HTH

Phrasing my above posted sentance a lit bit in the processingRule section comments:
Check the Deliver Document By:Immediate Delivery (select the list box what ever primaryHTTP or PrimaryHTTPS etc…that you have mentioned in the Delivery Method in the TN Partner Profile)and Save it.

Thanks,