Organization Admin Questions

Using Centrasite Community 9.5

1. Can’t a role be used as the administrator of an Organization?
  2. Adding User to an Org from external source (LDAP) & accidentally not filling in search criteria…search goes on forever…is there a timeout that can be set somewhere?
  3. Trying to add user to an org that I am the admin for, unable to add anyone in my group as a user to this org, why is that? However, going to a user and setting their default org added them as a user to the org.
  4. Changing the administrator of an Org appears to ‘take’ and then after success pop up window closes the only thing that truly changes is the contact, original admin is still there.

Hello Diane,

1. Can’t a role be used as the administrator of an Organization?

Roles are just collections of permission. So if you want to assign multiple people the permission to become administrators (either CentraSite Administrator or Administrator of a dedicated org) you have to put them into a group and assign the role “organization administrator()” or “CentraSite Administrator” to that group

1. Adding User to an Org from external source (LDAP) & accidentally not filling in search criteria…search goes on forever…is there a timeout that can be set somewhere?

Not in 9.5. Version 9.7 introduces a new LDAP login module that allows for configuration of a timeout.

1. Trying to add user to an org that I am the admin for, unable to add anyone in my group as a user to this org, why is that? However, going to a user and setting their default org added them as a user to the org.

Can you provide details on how you tried adding the users to the org? Did you go through the bulk import and selected the org to put the users in? Any errors encountered?

1. Changing the administrator of an Org appears to ‘take’ and then after success pop up window closes the only thing that truly changes is the contact, original admin is still there.

That’s a UI limitation. As you have added a new admin, but there’s only one shown currently. If you wanted to replace the old admin you’d have to remove the admin role for the org from his user configuration.

Daniel

Thanks for the response! As far as #3 goes, I hadn’t brought in a group from LDAP and imported the users that way yet when I was testing setting up an Org. Once I did that users automatically were added to an Org that the group has the role set up for.

Thanks again!!

Diane