oracle and tamino

somebody has connected Oracle and Tamino to retrieve and updated data stored in Oracle?

We have connected Tamino to Oracle once. This was done with Tamino 1.2.1.5 and Oracle 8i.

hi hiren
u have mailed that you have connected tamino and oracle
can u give more details on to how the thing was exactly done
do let me know
thanking you
regards
kishore

the url to be invoked when you use this example is something like:
http://localhost/xml/tamora?_xql=/MYCUSTOMER

Steps:
Create oracle table MYCUSTOMER (see DDL below)
Enter some data into the table using Oracle Studio or SQL INSERTS…
Define a ODBC Datasource called “oracustomer” which points to the right Oracle db.
I have used the default userid and password: system/manager is this example!!
Load Tamino Schema with Interactive Interface
Start query like above.

Oracle Table DDL:
CREATE TABLE “SYSTEM”.“MYCUSTOMER”(“CUSTOMERCODE” VARCHAR2(20)
NOT NULL, “FIRMA” VARCHAR2(35), “CONTACTPERSON” VARCHAR2(50),
“POSITION” VARCHAR2(50), “STREET” VARCHAR2(50), “PLACE” VARCHAR2(
50), “REGION” VARCHAR2(50), “ZIP” VARCHAR2(50), “COUNTRY”
VARCHAR2(50), “PHONE” VARCHAR2(50), “FAX” VARCHAR2(50),
CONSTRAINT “SYS_C00917_1_1” PRIMARY KEY(“CUSTOMERCODE”) USING
INDEX
TABLESPACE “SYSTEM”
STORAGE ( INITIAL 64K NEXT 64K MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
2147483645 PCTINCREASE 50 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) PCTFREE
10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255,
CONSTRAINT “SYS_C00921_1” UNIQUE(“CUSTOMERCODE”))
TABLESPACE “SYSTEM” PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40 INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS
STORAGE ( INITIAL 64K NEXT 64K MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
2147483645 PCTINCREASE 50 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1)
LOGGING

Tamino Schema:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ino:collection ino:name=“tamora” ino:key=“id0000000001”>
<ino:doctype ino:name=“MYCUSTOMER” ino:key=“id0000000002” ino:options=“READ INSERT UPDATE DELETE” ino:structure-index=“CONDENSED”>
<ino:node ino:name=“MYCUSTOMER” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:obj-type=“SEQ” ino:parent=“id0000000002” ino:search-type=“no” ino:map-type=“SqlTable” ino:datasource=“oracustomer” ino:sqltable=“MYCUSTOMER” ino:sqlprimarykeys=““CUSTOMERCODE”” ino:sqluserid=“system” ino:sqlpassword=“manager”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“CUSTOMERID” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER3” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“CUSTOMERCODE” ino:precision=“20”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“COMPANY” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER4” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“FIRMA” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“CONTACT” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER5” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“CONTACTPERSON” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“POSITION” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER6” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“POSITION” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“STREET” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER7” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“STREET” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“PLACE” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER8” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“PLACE” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“AREA” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER9” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“REGION” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“ZIP” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER10” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“ZIP” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“COUNTRY” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER11” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“COUNTRY” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“PHONE” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER12” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“PHONE” ino:precision=“50”/>
<ino:node ino:name=“FAX” ino:key=“MYCUSTOMER13” ino:obj-type=“PCDATA” ino:parent=“MYCUSTOMER2” ino:search-type=“no” ino:data-type=“VARCHAR” ino:map-type=“SqlColumn” ino:sqlcolumn=“FAX” ino:precision=“50”/>
</ino:doctype>
</ino:collection>

:eek:

Hi,

I am trying to oracle database with Tamino by using the above example.I am getting the following error while defining.

xmlns:xql=“XQL FAQ (XML Query Language - Frequently Asked Questions)”>
- <ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8841”>
<ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXRE8841”>Invalid mapping specification: invalid or unexpected primary key definition</ino:messagetext>
ino:messagelineElement name = MYCUSTOMER</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>

MYCUSTOMER is the database table and CUSTOMERCODE is the primarykey.Pls tellme what is the problem with the above.

regards
Srinivas

srinivas

O.K.,it is solved.

srinivas

Hello.

I am trying to oracle database with Tamino. But I have the same problem.
Tamino error: “Invalid mapping specification: invalid or unexpected primary key definition”

Could you please tell how did you avoid this problem. I have done everything exactly the same as in the example above, but… :frowning:

Thank you in advance
Natalia

hi,

First test your table from sqlplus.If it is successfull then open your schema in wordpad change sqlprimarykey=““CUSTOMERCODE”” to appropriate as given in the documentation.Then you define it in TaminoInteractiveInterface.

Try again with this.

regards
Srinivas.

srinivas

[This message was edited by B.Srinivas on 11 Dec 2001 at 05:18.]

[This message was edited by B.Srinivas on 11 Dec 2001 at 05:20.]

[This message was edited by B.Srinivas on 11 Dec 2001 at 05:22.]

You probably meant this :slight_smile:

sqlprimarykey=“& quot;CUSTOMERCODE& quot;”

(omitting blanks of course)

But why Notepad? It can be done in Schema Editor…