Not able to identify Processing rules in TN

Hi,
I have created a an EDI 850 document type in TN.I have create the enterprise and Partner profiles.But when i receive the 850 into TN,it is not identifying the processing rules even though the sender and receiver ID are same in the incoming EDI 850 file.Does any one have any clue why it is behaving like this?

Siri

Siri,

Please make sure the created processing rule is above the Default rule.So shift up using arrow.So check the Activitylog when you click on the EDI document in the TransactionAnalysis.

So when the document persists is sender/receiver showing unknown?and throwing showing any error in the Activitylog.

HTH,
RMG

Another possibility would be are the particular profiles should be in enabled state and check the edi data has the correct ExternalID’s(like DUNS(01) or MutuallyDefined(ZZ) or UserDefined(customid etc…) matching with partner profiles.

RMG,
I don’t have any default processing rule.Both my external IDs are DUNS(01).When i looked in the transaction log both sender/receiver are unknow, so i have checked activity log,in that it is showing as
error : Invalid SenderID and Receiver ID.I have checked the senderID/Receiver ID.They looks OK.

Siri

What are the receiver and sender qualifiers in the 850? Are they both 01?

Siri,

Check if there any spaces and do check with the envelopProcess service to make sure whats the problem.

HTH,
RMG

Rob,
The sender and Receiver are both 01 for my 850.

RMG
I checked the spaces and make sure that everything is same.I checked with envelopProcess,it has not given any errors.I am not sure why it is not identifying the sender and receiver.It is showing as null in the activity log.

Siri

Siri,

I am sure this could be related to Data problem which causes recognize fail and are you using any EDITPA’s too?Please debug to make sure profile id’s not contains any spaces and matches accordingly.

What is your DUN’s id length?it should be atleast 9chars.

HTH,
RMG

Hi siri,

first make sure is document type identifying or not. and also check pipeline variable are matching or not. which u given pipeline matching variables in document type should match data that which you are passing through TN params while invoking service.

regards
babu

BS,

Issue is on EDI Documents,so the rootcause may not be with the documentType query’s since they are not editable.

Siri whats the status of your problem.solved?

HTH,
RMG

How did you create the document type. Did you install them thru the EDI home page or did you manually create a doc type and name it EDI 850.

What are the errors, if any, listed in the transaction log for the document? Is there an error about the logged in user not matching the sender of the document? Just a shot in the dark…

Guys,
Thanks for responding very soon.Its all because of our partners fault sending the sender and receiver ID fields with more spaces than expected.

Once again thanks to all.

Siri

It happens,that is why told you to check the data as any spaces…

Anyways good to know it is working now.

HTH,
RMG