Not able to create ipa for ios app

Hi,

i am trying to create ipa of one of you sample project using mobile designer suite vesrion 10.1 but i am getting below error please tell me how ca i fix the below listed error

[osx-fork] [copy] Copying 21 files to /Users/Apple/Downloads/AG10.1/Cocktails/Builds/0.0.0/IOS_Apple_Universal/temp/cpp_edit/Images.xcassets/AppIcon.appiconset
[osx-fork] [copy] Copying 96 files to /Users/Apple/Downloads/AG10.1/Cocktails/Builds/0.0.0/IOS_Apple_Universal/temp/cpp_edit
[osx-fork] [echo] ResourceRules.plist won’t be copied to the project.
[osx-fork] [echo] ios.use.resourcerules.plist = ${ios.use.resourcerules.plist}
[osx-fork] [echo] resourcerules.plist.exists = false
[osx-fork] [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/Apple/Downloads/AG10.1/Cocktails/Builds/0.0.0/IOS_Apple_Universal/CocktailsUniversalI18N.app
[osx-fork] The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Users/Apple/Downloads/AG10.1/Cocktails/targets/IOS_Apple_Universal.xml:7: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Tools/Build/BuildScript/v1.0.0/scripts.xml:34: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Devices/iOS/Apple/Universal.xml:55: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Tools/Build/BuildScript/v1.0.0/scripts.xml:45: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Tools/Build/BuildScript/v1.0.0/scripts.xml:168: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Tools/Build/BuildScript/v1.0.0/scripts.xml:45: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Tools/Build/BuildScript/v1.0.0/scripts.xml:685: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Tools/Build/BuildScript/v1.0.0/scripts.xml:797: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Platforms/iOS/platform_buildscript.xml:80: The following error occurred while executing this line:
[osx-fork] /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/Platforms/iOS/platform_buildscript.xml:325: Use a resource collection to copy directories.
[osx-fork] <<< ERROR: Build failed for “CocktailsUniversalI18N” >>>

Hi Shivaraj,

Can you check in your /Applications/SoftwareAG/MobileDesigner/sdk.properties and tell me the value of the “ios.appstoreprov” property?

It sounds like you’ve set this to point to a folder somewhere. As per the instructions in the docs, this wouldn’t work.
“ios.appstoreprov” can either be left blank or needs to point directly to the .mobileprovision file you’re using for publishing to the App Store.

I suggest leaving ios.appstoreprov unset for now.

Hi Mark,

As mentioned in your reply i have not set any value for the “ios.appstoreprov” in my sdk.properties it is blank and i dont think this problem is causing the error, i think it not able to find resourcerules.plist file so that it is throwing error please check once and reply me back

Thank you

Hi Shivaraj,

That message for ResourceRules.plist is totally normal; that’s an optional file.

When you’re building, are you selecting the “appstore” build type for your target? (It’s in the list at the bottom of the Multi-Build window).

That gives me the same message you’re getting when ios.appstoreprov is unset.

I would suggest trying a “sim debug” build for now - simply click where it says “appstore” and a drop-down list will open so you can change it.

Make sure you also have “Retain output build files” switched on near the top of the Multi-Build window. You’ll need to keep these files if you want to use the generated Xcode project.

Hi Mark,

Once Again thank you for you answer using you suggestion now i am able to create .ipa file and i have one more query how can i run android app directly to my mobile device using app debugging option from Software Ag mobile designer version 10.1

Hi Shivaraj,

It’s a very similar procedure for both platforms. You have 2 options for local building -

1. Use +Multi-Build to generate your binary (so, for Android, an .apk file) directly and upload that to your device using appropriate tools like “adb”, or

2. in the +Multi-Build dialog, select “Retain output build files”, and then open the project created inside the Builds/…/java_edit (or cpp_edit for iOS) folder using Android Studio. You can then use the platform’s IDE to do your debugging with code inspection, breakpoints, etc. as you would with any normal application for that platform.

Most developers will want to use option 2 for most of the development process.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Thank You for Answer currently i am getting good help from you, i have one more question for you i have imported webMethods free sample project that is AirsPicToModel but i am not able to login to this app because i don’t have username and password. please provide me credentials so that i can login.

Thank You

Hi Shivaraj,

If you dont have a local ARIS (trial/test) backend, it might be hard to use the ArisPictoModel app as l I’m not aware of any publicly available ARIS server.

Do you really want to test/evaluate the ARIS business logic or just have a look at a the way a mobile app works / is designed in Mobile Suite? For the latter, I’d recommend to use the “Cocktails” example provided with Mobile Suite 10.1.

Regards
Michael

Hi Michael ,

Thank you for suggestion i just wanted to check ArisPictoModel app’s camera component which is used in ModelDetailView page so that i can use camera control in my app because of this i wanted its credentials. If you know how to use camera control in mobile app please inform me

Thank You.

Hi Shivaraj,

Which exact version of the Mobile Designer/Development are you using?

Regards
Michael

Hi Michael ,

I am Currently using Mobile Designer 10.1 version free suite

Thank You

Hi Shivaraj,

I just noticed that Jörg pointed you to a way how to use the camera: How to use Camera and ImagePicker in Mobile Designer free suite version 10.1? - webMethods - Software AG Tech Community & Forums

Is that answer sufficient?

Regards
Michael

Hi Michael,

i have been running Cocktail app in phoney it is running fine but when i have created build by selecting sim-debug and created its ipa and installed it in iphone-5 and iphone-7 its screen is getting stretched only half screen is visible . I am using mobile Designer 10.1 free version

Thank you.

Hi,

could you please attach a screenshot?

Best Regards
Jörg

Hi Joerg,

As you Asked me I am Attaching Screenshots of Cocktail App please find attached images. App is installed on iphone5

Thank you

Thanks. Is this a real device or a simulator? Do you have any other devices?

It does not look as intended, indeed. We did a couple of tests so far, but couldn’t reproduce it. I’ll let you know once I got something.

Best Regards
Jörg

Hi Shivaraj,

We just encountered this behaviour today. What’s happening is you’re building for the iOS “Universal” target - which really should be called “UniversalNoRetina” these days. The “Universal” target doesn’t do any retina-display detection. For that, you need to use the UniversalRetina target instead, and then everything will work fine.

Regards,
Mark.