This article describes the step-by-step process of data sync between Shopify & Marketo. When there is a new customer in Shopify, create the lead if it’s not present and update the lead if it is.
- User needs to have a working Marketo credential.
- Working webMethods.io Integration cloud tenant.
- Working Shopify credentials.
- Slack account credentials needed to post a message on the channel.
- Syncing Shopify with Marketo.
- Posting messages to Slack Channel, whenever the new customer gets added to the Shopify store.
- Login to webMethods.io integration.
- Create a workflow.
- Click on the Setting button.
4. Select the Shopify Trigger from the available list of triggers.
5. Click on the edit icon.
6. Now again click on the '+' icon and choose “Default Authorization” option. It supports both we can choose the "or" option to manually enter the credentials.
7. Provide Shopify account credentials to create authorization.
8. Now click on the “Save” then “Done” button.
9. Select the Marketo connector from the app menu & click on the setting button.
10. Choose upsertLead operation from the available list of actions.
11. Now again click on the '+' icon and choose “Default Authorization” option. It supports both we can choose the "or" option to manually enter the credentials.
12. After providing credentials click on the add button to authenticate Marketo & click next.
13. Now apply the mapping for the Shopify trigger output data to Marketo upsertLead inputs.
14. Now click on “Next” and then “Done” button.
15. Select Switch from the app menu.
16. Now drag & Drop the “Slack” app twice from the app menu. As we are using switch case here. Based on the Case’s different messages will be triggered in the different Slack channels.
17. Now click on the Setting and select the post message to channel from the action section.
18. Now again click on the '+' icon and choose “Default Authorization” option. It supports both we can choose the "or" option to manually enter the credentials.
19. Now Apply the Mapping’s between the Marketo Output data to slack input Data, for the Different Cases.
- Case-1: Whenever there is a new Lead created in “Marketo” we post a message in the Slack that: “The Marketo Lead has been Created along with the respective Marketo lead ID.”
- Case-2: Whenever there is an existing Lead is updated in “Marketo” we post a message in the Slack that: “Existing Marketo lead has been updated successfully along with the respective Marketo lead ID.”
20. Now we will set the switch for the cases to perform based on the “Status” flag. The “status” data can be retrieved from the Marketo upsertLead output.
21. Click on the Add Condition button & then select the filter. Then the user needs to set the condition.
Case-1: If the “status = created” then apply the mapping accordingly. As mentioned in the below screenshot.
Case-2: If the “status = updated” then apply the mapping accordingly. As mentioned in the below screenshot.
22. Click on Done then save button and now we are ready to execute our flow.
23. Now, whenever a new customer gets added in Shopify then this workflow will be triggered automatically and executes the entire flow.
24. User can see the Graphical representation for the execution of the flow. Please refer to the below screenshots for the execution of both the switch cases and respective slack messages.