.NET Wrapper Application Configuration

Hi Eveyrone,

According to the documentation for EntireX 7.1.1.60 (…/EntireX/Docu/devkit/dot_net/writing.htm#NET_Wrapper_Application_Configuration), to avoid constructing Broker and Service objects explicitly and leave this task to the .NET Wrapper Runtime, an ASP.NET Wrapper/EntireX application should make use of the configuration mechanism of the EntireX .NET Wrapper Runtime. The documentation says, "In case of an ASP .NET Web.config configuration file, it is required to specify in more detail the parameters of the NameValueSectionHandler that processes the configuration.

I tried to copy the xlm code above to the “User application and configured property settings” of the web.config file, but I kept getting an error saying syntax error in the web.config file.

My questions are:

1. are the xml codes above supposed to be put in the web.config file?
  2. am I supposed to change the version and public token or i can use them as above?
  3. are the xml codes above syntaxtically correct?
  4. When is it necessary to use this configuration mechanism?
  5. Is this something new for entirex .net wrapper application? I didn’t see this information in documentation of earlier versions (7.1.1.10 and 7.1.1.30)

Regards,
Chuong Tran

Hi Choung,

following answers to your questions.

1. Yes, if you have developed an XML Web Service based on the code generated with the EntireX .NET Wrapper, you should add the sectionGroup listed to your Web service’s Web.config file if you intend to configure the defaults for Broker and Service class instances.
  2. The version specifies the .NET Framework version (in this case 1.0), you can leave it as shown. Same for the token.
  3. The XML seems syntactically correct, but for security sake take out the line braks in the strings; Also note: you need to place the sectionGroup in a configSections section as shown in the documentation for the App.config file.
  4. The information on the Web.config file is new but the configuration functionality was already available in version 7.1.1

Hope this helps.

Regards, Dietmar.