EntireX .Net Wrapper Error

Hi all

I’ve created a .Net Web API project which then calls a class library project which makes the connection and communicates with the Natural programmes on the Mainframe.

I’ve tested this initially with a console application and it works perfectly. When I did the same with the Web API project, I get the “20020040 SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.xml is missing” error. I triple checked, removed and re-added dll references and the xml file is definitely in the bin folder but I keep getting this exception thrown.

I created the .Net Client classes from the IDL. Why am I getting this error in the Web API project but not in the console project?

Thanks!

Xml In folder

Exception (Using PostMan)

Hi Darryl,
the configuration of an ASP.NET application for our .NET Wrapper is to complex to describe it here in detail. I would propose, that you contact the EntireX support.
With kind regards
Josef

It might be complex - or relatively simple - have you checked simple action suggested in the error msg ?
See here (if you have access)
Explanation
The file SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.xml is not in the same directory as the file SoftwareAG.EntireX.NETWrapper.Runtime.dll .

Action
Check the bin folder of your EntireX installation and the folder of your client application.|

Hi Finn

Yes that’s the first thing I checked from researching the error. The XML file is in the same directory as the dll in both the SoftwareAG installation folder and the ASP.NET bin folder.

Is there perhaps documentation that shows the configuration for an ASP.NET application?

Hi Darryl,
as already mentioned, please contact the EntireX support.
With kind regards
Josef

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Dear colleagues,
please no further useless hints. Darryl should contact the EntireX support.
With kind regards
Josef

Thanks all, this is resolved. Support provided the link to the config settings and all is working as expected now.

Thanks again!