Need to remove webmethods service Name

Any idea, how to remove the windows services which we have created while installing.

And whether the platform manager is mandatory component in 9.8?

To delete IS instances (deletes whole IS instance, not just service):

is_instance.bat delete -Dinstance.name=<instance_name>

instance.bat is located under “\IntegrationServer\instances”

To delete MWS instances (deletes whole MWS instance, not just service):

mws -s <instance_name> delete

mws. bat is located under “\MWS\bin”

If you just want to delete windows service and keep installations, then you can use windows command “SC”:

sc delete [<ServiceName>]

If you want your servers to be controlled or administrated by Command Central then Platform Manager is mandatory.

Can’t install platform manager alone? I don’t need it.

You can install it standalone but it will be of no use if it is not installed on the same platform where other components are resided. Basically you cannot manage IS, MWS and other components through SPM command line or Command Central unless you have it installed.

But, If you just want to have IS/MWS for development purpose and if you can manage them starting up or shutting down through services/daemons/scripts then you need not install Platform Manager.

You can install it standalone but it will be of no use if it is not installed on the same platform where other components are resided. Basically you cannot manage IS, MWS and other components through SPM command line or Command Central unless you have it installed.

But, If you just want to have IS/MWS for development purpose and if you can manage them starting up or shutting down through services/daemons/scripts then you need not install Platform Manager.

Thanks prasada.

Suppose if i have installed IS and platform manager, and i want to uninstall platform manager alone, Is it possible?

It seems to be IS has dependent on platform manager. correct?

Yes you can uninstall platform manager and still use IS without it.

Have u tried this as i am not able to uninstall- it shows IS is dependent on this.

I haven’t tried uninstalling it but I have just installed integration server without platform manager on my local and able to use it.

Have you tried clicking on NO and proceed further when uninstaller prompts you with a message that “Do you want to select the dependent compoenents?”

I think, it’s not possible, Which version you have tried this. Pls find attached the screen shot for your reference.
screen1.jpg

This screenshot is fine… It says… it has to uninstall the SPM PLUGINS of integration server… NOT Integration Server itself.

Ignore the above screenshot. I tried , but my integration server it self uninstalled… Any idea…

Nope. I have to check the same on my local and see.

Before I tell you how, let me ask you: why?

The Platform Manager is essential if you want to use Command Central, and Software AG is investing quite a bit into Command Central. If you’re not ready for it yet, just set the Windows service to manual or disabled.

Now, if you really want to get rid of the Windows service:

1. Open a command prompt
  2. Go to \profiles\SPM\bin
  3. Run: service.bat -remove

Percio

1 Like

Castro,

Thanks for the info.

I thought to remove it as am not using command central , However IS is depending on few of JAR file, so that i just disabled the service in services.

I have removed by using below command. It’s working fine now.

SC delete

Thanks for your support.

1 Like