natural issue

hi,
i do get the issue, NAT3539 File TR010 not opened, 128. in adabas. pls help

regards
Sajith

First, an observation.
People on this forum are not mind readers. You did not tell us what platform you are on; you did not show us any relevant code. How are we supposed to ascertain what the problem is ???

Following is the documentation for this error:

NAT3539: File :1: not :2:, :3:.
Text File … not …, …
Expl. Open/close error. If available to Natural for VSAM, the original
return code is indicated in the error message. For an explanation
of the return code, see the corresponding IBM documentation.
Actn. Contact your Natural administrator.

I presume you have access to this. If not, you should inform management that such access is essential to performing your job functions.

It appears that you are running Natural for VSAM. 128 is probably a “passed through” error code.

Could you show us relevant portions of the code?

steve

hi Steve,

i am working onZ-Os mainframes, natural Adabas environment. i
…+…1…+…2…+…3…+…4…+…5
DEFINE DATA
LOCAL
01 ACCOUNT VIEW OF ACCOUNT-MASTER-VDDM
02 AM-CO-CD
02 AM-ACCT-NUM
END-DEFINE
READ (10) ACCOUNT BY AM-ACCT-NUM << getting issue here
DISPLAY AM-ACCT-NUM
END-READ
END

Following is the documentation for this error:

I presume you have access to this. If not, you should inform management that such access is essential to performing your job functions.

It appears that you are running Natural for VSAM. 128 is probably a “passed through” error code.

Could you show us relevant portions of the code?

steve

Is ACCOUNT-MASTER-VDDM an Adabas file, or a VSAM file?

Is AM-ACCT-NUM a descriptor field? What format?

What versions of Adabas and Natural?

Is ACCOUNT-MASTER-VDDM an Adabas file, or a VSAM file?

adabas file[b]Is AM-ACCT-NUM a descriptor field? What format?
its Null value supopressed field

I thought twice about posting this because I don’t want people to feel unwelcome asking questions on this forum. There are people with all levels of experience and skill in various SAG products here, and even the experienced folks ask a newbie question from time to time.

That said, I feel this is really a question Sajith should be asking his DBA or a more experienced programmer at his own shop. As Steve mentioned, we barely have enough information to help beyond what Steve provided which is the explanation of the error in the documentation. All kinds of internal checking should take place first as maybe the developer doesn’t understand what this file is (likely its VSAM, not Adabas), or maybe the DBA generated the DDM incorrectly (wrong file type), or there may be two DDMs closely named and the wrong one is used, and many other possible explanations exist. The error cannot happen if it’s an Adabas file and the DDM was generated against an Adabas file or Userview thereof.

If after all this is checked out internally at the site and there is still a problem, I would expect the question could be asked with a more specific problem statement, and then we could truly be of assistance.

-Brian

To reiterate some points from Brian’s post:

It is highly unlikely this is an Adabas file. The error message in the documentation would imply this can only happen with a VSAM file.

The V in the file name ( ACCOUNT-MASTER-VDDM ) is also indicative of a VSAM file name.

A DBA or system person should be contacted about shop standards for accessing VSAM files.

steve

Hi Steve/Brian,

Thanks for the feed back.

Is there a way to find out the natural library, program and statement number in a CICS dump? I see these three fields in the sir (session information record) but they are unreliable.

Dan,

I’m not sure if this was your intent or not, but you posted your question as a response to an unrelated thread that is more than a year old. You might get better results by starting your own topic.

Todd