NAT3041 - Just installed Natural for windows CE

Hi all,

I installed natural CE for windows and am able to execute a hello world program. I read in the site that installation already comes with adabas. However im unable to access my new ddm or any existing sample ddms provided by software AG.
I get NAT3041 error when I retrieve or try to add a new record.

DEFINE DATA
LOCAL
1 EMP VIEW OF EMPLOYEE
2 EMPLOYEE-ID
END-DEFINE
EMP.EMPLOYEE-ID := 1
STORE EMP
END TRANSACTION
READ EMP
DISPLAY
EMPLOYEE-ID
END-READ
END

Over the years, SAG has changed the format of the Employees file several times, so you will find multiple DDMs for it. Select Find Objects from the FUSER context menu. Specify e* for the Name and DDMs for the Type. Try each DDM in turn until the 3041 is resolved.

Is the view EMPLOYEE that your program references a DDM that you created or is it meant to reference the SAG demo file?

My CE demo view object name is “EMPLOYEES”, and the ID field name is PERSONNEL-ID, not EMPLOYEE-ID. Try changing your program to use those names, or copy to a new program and change them there.

However, since a program with your names won’t Check or Stow, gets Nat0002 Unknown file name, I have to assume you created your own DDM named EMPLOYEE with field EMPLOYEE-ID. That might allow you to Stow or Run the program to get the NAT3041. If so, did you also create the matching Adabas file? That’s a little harder, I think requiring Adabas utilities to create the files, allocate space for it, and create an FDT. I’ve never done it on Windows, but maybe Ralph can give you guidance there.

However, for just tutorial use to learn Natural, the best idea is to just use the EMPLOYEES and VEHICLES sample files that SAG provides. Note that these sample DDMs are under the FNAT/SYSEXDDM directory if you haven’t copied them into FUSER yet. File names Src/EMPLOYEE.NSD and Gp/EMPLOYEE.NGD.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
George