MWS and LDAPS Connection Issues

Hello Guys,

I am trying to use LDAP to grant access to webMethods components. The protocol is LDAPS. So I initially connected to LDAP Test instance through LDAPS by imorting the CA certs into MWS JVM’ trust store and aslo into each Integration Server’s trust store (as the central users is configured).

Everything went well and all the access roles have been tested. But when I shifted the connection to LDAP Prod instance, I started getting the below error though the connection is up. When we click on the Administration → Users, a query is fired to LDAP to fetch the users and used display the user list. But with Prod LDAP we get the below error. I raised a ticket to SAG but it seems they have no clue.

Though I can point at LDAP for this contract b/n Test and Prod servers, I couldn’t prove it as they say both the instances are similar down to the fixes.

MWS: 7.1.3 with Fix22
LDAP Details: Sun System Directory Server Enterprise Edition, V6.3

2012-02-17 01:40:40 EST (Framework : WARN) [RID:3] - Unable to process ldapEntry, continuing
com.webMethods.portal.PortalException: [POP.012.0004.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc] No valid UID found for the principal uid=100B000447,ou=users,ou=J&R Electronics,o=b2b,l=america,dc=sony,dc=com from “SEL_LDAP_CONNECTION” directory service. Please check if ID attribute is valid in the Directory Services Configuration

If you guys have any info on this, it would greatly help me.

Cheers
Guna

For some strange reason, I couldn’t edit the above post.

When I search on a unique user then the error is this…
2012-02-17 01:57:00 EST (Framework : WARN) [RID:18] - [POP.001.0002] A “netscape.ldap.LDAPException” occurred with the Message “error result”
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (1); Unable to read SEARCH response from backend server : Timeout when waiting to read from input stream

If you guys have any info on this, it would greatly help me.

Cheers
Guna

Hi Guna,
were you able to resolve this? We are getting the same error.

[POP.012.0004.wm_xt_ldapdirsvc] No valid UID found for the principal CN=,OU=,OU=,DC=,DC=from “LDAP” directory service. Please check if ID attribute is valid in the Directory Services Configuration
2012-10-08 00:07:13 EDT (Framework:WARN) [RID:3170] - Unable to wrap principal: CN=
,OU=,OU=,DC=****,DC=** directory

Hi, Yes. The issue was that there was a technical restriction in production LDAP that no non-prod Wm environment should be allowed to query the attributes. So we were getting this error. Check if similar restrictions are present.

Guna