MFT Active Transfer Monitor folder issues

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

webMethods Manage File Transfer Active Transfer Server version 10.7 Fix 5.

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

We have used monitor folder as action to monitor incoming files coming from external partners. Question is that it looks like action “monitor folder” only allows one action per folder to be monitored. For example, i have a file filter abc.txt which i want to be monitored on directory /data/test/example, so i created an action abc.txt monitor. This will work fine as we are currently experiencing. But supposed partner would send another file def.txt and will be placed on the samem directory /data/test/example, if i create another “monitor folder” action to monitor file with this file filter(def.txt) on the same directory, this 2nd monitor folder does not work. Also what would be the behavior of the lockfile created on the directory? Should it be creating one lockfile per monitor folder action? In our case, we only got one lock file even though we have created different monitor folder action monitoring the same directory. Kindly advise.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

@paulryan.uchi

Each activated monitor folder action will create one lock file. Multiple monitor folder actions cannot monitor the same directory.
Lock file depicts that the directory is getting monitored.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,
Anil

2 Likes

The monitor folder action is a simple alternative to a scheduled action for monitoring folders. If you need more flexibility, you can do the monitoring with a scheduled action which gives you a lot more possibilities.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.