Mail Box Setup and Email t oxml conversion

Hi ,

I am Amit Kumar Gupta currently working for TCS MUmbai. I have a requirement where I have to POLL a mail box and then get the mail which has come on to it. From that mail we have to extract the senders mail id and the message in the mail body . Then convert these in to XML format and post it for further processing. Please help me know whether it is possible. and How shud this be implemented.

Regards
Amit

hi amit
u need to configure the port for this first. This can be done by using the add port option. Then configure the mail settings according to the mail id to which u are listening. Then u write a service to get the mail body and other parsing, then specify that in the message parsing parameters in the polling parameters screen.

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the help. I want to ask U whether u have handled this type of scenario . I have done to get the data out from attachment, but i m not comfortable to get mail body from the mail. Please if u cud add to this discussion and help me to get some more details about this.

Thanks
Amit

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the help. I want to ask U whether u have handled this type of scenario . I have done to get the data out from attachment, but i m not comfortable to get mail body from the mail. Please if u cud add to this discussion and help me to get some more details about this.

Thanks
Amit

Amit,

For extracting mail body content use the pub.flow:getTransportInfo service as a first step this output have the email outputs transport record will have the information in the pipeline.

HTH,
RMG

Hi
I want to send a mail from my yahoo account via integration server.How should i configure the yahoo server and use smtp service. I am unable to do the port configuration for yahoo mail server. Can i do that or do i need to have any permission kind of thing from the yahoo server

Hi,

I know that Yahoo has paid services to purchase POP3 mail box to access their emails.

As such just if you want to send emails from yourname@yahoo.com to somename@somecompany.com, you can easily achieve this by using SMTP. Configure your SMTP Server and then simply send with From and To addresses set to the required email addresses. SMTP does not validate the email accounts and domains.

Check if your SMTP has any constraints in sending emails with from / to of other domains.

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P

Hi ,
Thank you for your reply Pazhanikanthan .
you are exactly with me. I mean you understood what i want.So to configure the yahoo mail server what should i do in integration server. I should go to security / ports and then configure there or is there any other place where i have to do this .

One more thing here is i am just writing www.yahoo.com as the mail host is it ok are i should give the IP address ?

regards
kiran

Hello Kiran

www.yahoo.com is NOT SMTP Host. Yahoo Server Architects will not reveal SMTP Hosts to be open like this. You need to setup SMTP Host Servers inside ur organization. You CANNOT used www.yahoo.com as SMTP Host. This is not possible.

You can check with the Infrastructure Team in your company to provide the SMTP Host IP Address for you to test the SMTP capabilities / proof of concept that you are trying.

Thanks and regards,
Pazhanikanthan. P

Hi Kiran,

I agree with Pazhanikanthan. First configure the SMTP server, then you can send e-mail to any account. 

Thanks,