Linux Install Instructions

We are attempting to install the trial version of webMethods for testing purposes. We have downloaded the file webMFREEDownload99(Linux64bit).zip, and are attempting to install on Linux. Please tell us what command to run against which file and if there are any parameters we need to specify to kick off the installer correctly under Linux. All instructions we can find are in reference to the Windows executable installer.

Hi Melvin,

use this command:

java -jar SoftwareAGInstaller.jar -console -readImage

You will have to unpack the downloaded file first:

jar xvf webMFREEDownload99(Linux64bit).zip

Regards,
Holger

After unzipping the archive there seems to be no file named SoftwareAGInstaller.jar. Is this something we download separately? Also, is the value of supposed to be a file or some arbitrary label we assign?

Hi Melvin,

usually the Installer can be downloaded from Empower licensed users.
not sure about the free trial version.

The latest Installer Jar I am aware of is SoftwareAGInstaller20151015.jar from 15.10.2015 (for wM 9.9).

The image file name is relative to from where the installer is started and point to a file.

Might be that your zip file is such an image file.

Can you post a list of contained files (at least the top level directory) of the zip file?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Thomsen,

I just attached a file which contains the information of the zip file.
So which image should I use to install?

Thanks,
Ari Rahmat Firdaus

Hi Ari,

this looks like a regular installer image.

You will need a SoftwareAGInstaller to install it.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

When I am installing zip file with this command:

java -jar SoftwareAGInstaller20151015.jar -console -readImage webMFREEDownload99\(Linux64bit\).zip

I get the following error and I am not sure what to do?

Cannot read image file webMFREEDownload99(Linux64bit).zip because it is not a valid image file. The error is: End of central directory not found! (Invalid ZIP file?).
Press enter to continue

Regards,
Ari

Hi Ari,

sounds like the image got corrupted during download.

Can you try to download it again?

Regards,
Holger