laptop off network and xtsurl.cfg

Hi

When my Win 2000 sp5 laptop is not connected to a network, TaminoWebDAV 4.1.4.2 server does not work properly (typical error below fyi).

I believe the reason for this is that xtsurl.cfg is getting entries which are the computer’s hostname (SKAEN) from somewhere, and resolving them to its IP address (when last connected).

I’ve attached below my xtsurl.cfg file (most of the references to localhost are because i put them there, which helped, but it still got extra references to SKAEN from somewhere).

How do i configure XTS to always use localhost, and never the hostname?

I’m using Tamino 4.1.4

thanks

Jason

----------

WARN [main] - Service com.softwareag.xtools.xdav.store.XDescriptorsStore@498713 initialization failed : WebDAV Server

http://192.168.1.49:4000/taminowebdavserver/ is already defined. http://127.0.0.1:4000/taminowebdavserver/ can not initialize
INFO [main] - Initializing Store $deltav_history_mycoll

--------------------
XTScfg.fileenc[0]=icu://null:0?cnvname=utf8
XTSlisten.XTSproxy[0]=tcpip://localhost:3003?target_type=proxy&admin_lport=8020
XTSlisten.UTX:localhost:3373[0]=tcpip://localhost:3373
XTSaccess.UTX:localhost:3373[0]=tcpip://localhost:3373
XTSlisten.UTX:localhost:3370[0]=tcpip://localhost:3370
XTSaccess.UTX:localhost:3370[0]=tcpip://localhost:3370
XTSlisten.TaminoI:mydb[0]=tcpip://localhost:3298
XTSlisten.TaminoI:Speedal[0]=tcpip://localhost:3299
XTSaccess.TaminoI:mydb[0]=tcpip://localhost:3298
XTSaccess.TaminoI:Speedal[0]=tcpip://localhost:3299
XTSlisten.Tamino:mydb[0]=tcpip://localhost:3210
XTSlisten.Tamino:Speedal[0]=tcpip://localhost:3204
XTSaccess.Tamino:mydb[0]=tcpip://localhost:3210
XTSaccess.Tamino:Speedal[0]=tcpip://localhost:3204
XTSaccess.UTX:SKAEN:3373[0]=tcpip://SKAEN:3373
XTSlisten.UTX:SKAEN:3373[0]=tcpip://SKAEN:3373
XTSlisten.UTX:SKAEN:3370[0]=tcpip://SKAEN:3370
XTSaccess.UTX:SKAEN:3370[0]=tcpip://SKAEN:3370

Use the Tamino database parameter “server host name”.
Setting it to “localhost” will solve your problem.

how can i find this parameter ?

is it apache Servername or what ?

i have a same problem. I changed hostname but xtsurl.cfg has always old hostname , after starting smh and tamino.
Perhaps, there is an entry in REGFILE like MILayer !

thank you in advance !

bye
sedo

Thanks Juango, i will look at that parameter.

In the meantime, I worked around the problem by configuring the Microsoft loopback network adapter (Control Panel - Add New hardware - Network Card - Microsoft Loopback Adapter) to use the IP address sag is expecting (in this case 192.168.1.49), and reconfigured the real network card to a different address (eg 192.168.1.149), so now the computer is responds to 192.168.1.49 whether it is connected to the network or not.

BTW…

here is the REAL solution. Tamino WebDAV server stores in Tamino the IP address of the WebDAV Store that accesses the DB. When your IP changes, the WebDAV server complains that there is a different IP in the DB, then the WebDAV server has. This should prevent two WebDAV server from accessing the same collection in Tamino.

If you IP changes every now and then, you can force the WebDAV server to always connect. This is done by specifying an extra parameter in the xml document that defines your store.
It is called force-connection and it should be set to true. (for details look at the Tamino WebDAV documentation). That will then always let WebDAV connect no matter how your IP changes.

regards
christian campo