Keyboard mapping in ApplinX web application

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

ApplinX 10.5 in Linux RHEL 7-8

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

licensed

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

Trying to configure in ApplinX application keyboard user defined buttons to enter, tab, etc. without using gx_keyboardMappings.xml and PFKeys.jsp.
Configured a few samples, such as CNTL-I or Shift-I mapped to [enter] or [tab] but without effect.
Something is apparently is not defined … Will appreciate an advise.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

nothing happened

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

No, do not think this requires patches, rather know-how.

Hi Leonard,

I assume you mean configuring these keyboard mappings directly in the Designer, inside the ApplinX application properties → keyboard mapping utility.
We have tested this both with 10.5 and 10.11 and it seems to be working fine. We tested on Windows.
Note that defining these mappings in the Designer will map the keyboard action but will NOT show the button on the web application pages, as part of the PFKeys panel.

The sequence to define the key mapping is a bit confusing. To add a new keyboard mapping, then assign the key and command. Then you need to add another key, and the defined key will be added.

Hi Gadi,

This is exactly my query - use Designer and do not expect the added keys displayed.
Also, I think that the new mappings aware added right as all appeared in the list and saved.

So, in the version 10.7 for Windows added home button to action as tab because original tab works, however there is no effect on the page when pressing home button.

Hi Leonard,

We are looking into this, there seem to be an issue with this against a Natrual-Unix host.
We will update when we have more information.

Regards,
Gadi

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.