jdbc adapter connection

hi,

please help me in creating the jdbc connection using oracle 10g XE in windows 7. i need the values to be configured like path,datasource name,server,… etc.

1 Like

Refer JDBC Adapter’s guide…

Typically, Connection properties values will be like this for example… Value of data source class depends on what kind of jar file you are using… It varies for different databases… Refer the guide for more information…

[TABLE=“width: 100%”]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow”]Transaction Type[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrowdata-l”] LOCAL_TRANSACTION [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow”]DataSource Class[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrowdata-l”] oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow”]serverName[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrowdata-l”] localhost [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow”]user[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrowdata-l”] Administrator [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow”]password[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrowdata-l”] ****** [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: oddrow”]databaseName[/TD]
[TD=“class: oddrowdata-l”] XE [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD=“class: evenrow”]portNumber[/TD]
[TD=“class: evenrowdata-l”] 1521 [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

HTH
Senthil

hi senthil,
thanx for ur responce…
i configure as u said… but still i facing the error like…

Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource adapter:jbcadap. [ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager. [ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” cannot be located. oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

hi senthil,
you are saying that data source class depends on the jar fie… can you give more detail about the jar files…

regards
hima

If you are using Oracle, you would required jars like ojdbc14.jar or something. If it is sql server, jar file is different. You can check with your Oracle team and get those jar files.

Moreover, search with this error in this forum, you should find lots of similar posts that were discussed before.

HTH
Senthil

hi senthil,

now iam getting the below error…

Error encountered

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource adap:jadap.[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection adap:jadap: after 1 attempt(s).[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource”.Io exception: Got minus one from a read call

hi ,

can any one please share me how to set the class path…

thanks
him

[INDENT]Hi Jhima,

Can you cross check the Ojdbc jar file is present on Integration server as per the below mentioned path :IntegrationServer\lib\jars\ojdbc14.jar

verify each and every parameter of the JDBC adapter service does contains any Spaces.
especially Data source class parameter.

Regards,
Jeevan_mjk [/INDENT]

Place the ojdbc14.jar file in the server pat: IntegrationServer/Packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars and then restart the integration server. configure the connection as told by senthil and then enable it.

You can also just reload the package as the jar file is placed under the specific package.

Senthil

Hi Jeevan_mjk,

I did a fresh installation of IS 8.2, but i don’t see ojdbc jar file any where. How to get it and from where to get it. Which is the latest one.

Regards,
Mona

Hi Mona,

ojdbc14 Jar file is required.

Regards,
Jeevan

Thanks Jeevan,

Can i put it manually. will it work with 8.2 IS.

in jdbc connection error

Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”. Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

jdbc adapter connection

Error encountered
[ART.118.5010] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Invalid connection name. The connection name must have a valid folder n

Create a folder first using Developer or Designer and then use this while creating a DB Connection.

1 Like

Hi Mona,
First of all ojdbc jar file does not come with the webMethods installation, you need to download it separately from oracle’s website. Second thing which version of jar file you have to use is depends upon the JVM version. If you are using java version 2 then use classes12.jar, if java version is 4 then use ojdbc14.jar if java version is 5 or 6 then use ojdbc5.jar or ojdbc6.jar respectively. But it is in the case if you are connecting to oracle database if it database is other than oracle then search for appropriate jar file one that vendor’s website.

Regards,
vikas

I am trying to configure adapter service in webMethods. I have created a connection in the Integration Server admin (JDBC Adapter/Connections) for an Oracle database using jdk 6. I place the odbc6.jar file in the file specified in the documentation (C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars).

When I try to enable the connection, I get the following error. Please can you help :

[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

Make sure that the Database URL is in the below format

jdbc:wm: oracle://:

Hi Sreenivas,

Thanks for your suggesstion. Today I am getting an error with the time-zone. How can I set the timezone? The error looks like this:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource chris.adapters.jdbs.connection:chris_local_connection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01882:timezone region not found