jdbc adapter connection

check the below link this will solve your problem

for
ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01882:timezone region not found

-its probably due to Oracle version not supported
please check below link for system requirement
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/adapters_estandards/Adapters/webMethods_Adapters_System_Requirements.htm

for
Invalid connection name. The connection name must have a valid folder n
-have you use the wrong connection name?

Hi All,

Can any one please help me to come out from below issue.

I am trying to configure adapter service in webMethods 9.5. I have created a connection in the Integration Server admin (JDBC Adapter/Connections) for an Oracle 11g database using jdk 6. I place the odbc6.jar file in the file specified in the documentation (C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\lib\jars).

When I try to enable the connection, I get the following error. Please can you help :

[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

Also make sure you have place the classes12.jar in the path below and restart IS

/IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars

HTH,
RMG

@ Narasimha,

Can you share the screen shot of your JDBC adapter connection showing all the details.

Hi Mahesh,

Please find the attached file for JDBC Adapter configuration screen shot. [Filename- JDBCAdapterConfiguration.png]

I have gone through some forums and found that need to mention database URL. But i didnt find any Database URL option in JDBC Adapter connection section.

And below error getting when i trying configure the Adapters->WmDB.

Could not connect: Couldn’t load driver oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
Please find the screent shot for WmDB configuration [Filename- WmDBConfiguration.png]

I have sucessfully configured the JDBC Pool section, here i found the Database URL option. [JDBCPoolAliasConfiguration]

Could you please help me in resolving this issue.  

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Narasimha.

Looks good… but you have to mention driverType=thin in Other Properties

Can you download and go through 6-5_JDBC_Adapter_Install_and_Users_Guide.pdf

Really worth going through this as your are setting this up for the first time (I guess :))

Let me know if you still face issues. I hope you have the respective jars file accordingly.

If you are using webMethods 9+ I hope you have JVM 1.7 as well. Did you try ojdbc7.jar?
The ojdbc6.jar is for jvm 1.6, it might not be compatibale with Java 1.7.
Though Oracle lists ojdbc7.jar only for Oracle 12+, it should be backward compatible with Oracle 11.

@ Narasimha,

Are we good with the issue now :slight_smile:

Any updates?

Please check the connection params for leading or trailing spaces (and remove them).

This is a common point of failure when setting up JDBC-AdapterConnections.

Regards,
Holger

I agree with Holger :smiley:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBCAdapters:JDBCAdapters.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection JDBCAdapters:JDBCAdapters: after 1 attempt(s).
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
IO Error: Got minus one from a read call

what should i do ? i am using oracle 11g …downloaded class12.jar and plced it in the lib\jar …is there anything else i am missing

Place ojdbc5.jar…it should work

Make sure while configuring the jdbc connection there are no white spaces at the leading and trailing edge. Also after placing the JARs in \IntegrationServer\lib\jars restart the server if you are unable to enable the connection.

You can get the JAR from oracle 11g installation folder (the path where you have installed)

why we should dive other properties in jdbc connection?
and what is meant by minimum pool size, maximum pool size, pool increment and blocked time out?

Hi Krushna,

if and what properties need to be mentioned in other properties depends on the driver being used.
For Oracle this controls the mode of the connection (oci8 or thin).
When using certain security settings for i.e. authentication, these settings will be placed in other properties too.

For the Settings please refer to the JDBC Adapter Users guide.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

Here are some details of my setup. I too struggled but then was able to get it.

1. I am using 10.5 trial version

2. I have installed Oracle 11g and SQL server in my system.

3. As mentioned above, you have to place the ojdbc jar file in the C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars and C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars

Note : I have placed Ojdbc5.jar file.

If you are not able to create a JDBC connection, try creating a new one after placing the jar file and reloading the package.

And do not place multiple jar files in the directory, it may not work.

JDBC connection details

Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
Server Name localhost
User system
Password ******
Database Name orcl
Port Number 1521
Network Protocol tcp
Other Properties driverType=thin

Thanks
Suraj

Hi,

for wM 10.5 you should use an ojdbc8.jar for Oracle 12.2.
You can get this for free from Oracle Download section.

This will also enable the latest JDBC features in the JDBC Adapter 9.10.

Regards,
Holger

You can still place multiple jar (ojdbc and sqljdbc) version files in this location and under static (create this sub folder if not exist already)

C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars\static\

Finally bounce the IS (best practice) for any configuration changes take place to avoid any adapter hiccups:

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

I partially agree with RMG.

as long as the driver(s) do not relying on a native lib, it is fine to have them under code/jars and just reload the package.
Remember to define a dependency in those packages relying on the WmJDBCAdapter package to get them reloaded and the connections restarted properly when the JDBC-Adapter reloads.

For those with native lib part the jar needs to go under code/jars/static and the native lib in the IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib directory. In this case shutting down and restarting the IS is required to get the native lib loaded properly.

It is fine having one jar (hopefully the latest) for each database type being used in the code/jars directory.
What you should avoid is having multiple versions for one database type in parallel as ths might be causing ClassLoading issues or the wrong version gets picked first.

Regards,
Holger