Java Error on MWS start

I am unable to start the MWS after the installation. I do see the first-time initialization of componetns after the installation is done apparently with no errors as below.

2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - My webMethods Server “default” Node “USSLTC4622V.DEV.SLTC.COM-node14507” took 42 seconds to initialize
role: search
role: notification
role: autodeploy
role: taskengine
http listening at: USSLTC4622V.DEV.SLTC.COM:8585
FrontEndUrl: http://USSLTC4622V.DEV.SLTC.COM:8585

however, following the initialization and cleaning up the temp folder, the system throws a following JAVA related error calling “com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_portalrules.mechanics.PortalRulesMechanics.getAllMatchingRulesForUser” method;

=========================================================================

2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Initializing component: com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.SavePerfData
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Initializing component: com.webMethods.jackrabbit.spi2mws.SearchIndexInitializer
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (com.webMethods.jackrabbit.spi2mws.SearchIndexInitializer:INFO) - Initializing the search index asynchronously
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Initializing component: com.webMethods.portal.noodle.preferences.UserPreferences
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Initializing component: com.webMethods.portal.bizPolicy.biz.install.impl.InstallFixes
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Initializing component: com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.UpdateBuildVersion
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Cleaning up temp folder …
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Done cleaning temp folder.
2013-10-15 09:53:39 CDT (Framework:INFO) [RID:1] - [t8ffwezdkypv1d2aodtbb1s75:null] - http://USSLTC4622V.DEV.SLTC.COM:8585/ (GET)
2013-10-15 09:53:40 CDT (Framework:INFO) [RID:1] - [t8ffwezdkypv1d2aodtbb1s75:guest] - Trying to authenticate
2013-10-15 09:53:40 CDT (Framework:INFO) [RID:1] - [t8ffwezdkypv1d2aodtbb1s75:Guest] - User authenticated
2013-10-15 09:53:40 CDT (Configuration:INFO) [RID:1] - Out-of-band file changes will be monitored every ‘60000’ milliseconds
2013-10-15 09:53:40 CDT (com.webMethods.jackrabbit.spi2mws.fs.local.LocalFileSystem:INFO) - LocalFileSystem initialized at path /data/SNET/SoftwareAG/MWS/server/default/data/search_jcr
2013-10-15 09:53:40 CDT (com.webMethods.jackrabbit.spi2mws.fs.local.LocalFileSystem:INFO) - LocalFileSystem initialized at path /data/SNET/SoftwareAG/MWS/server/default/data/search_jcr
2013-10-15 09:53:41 CDT (Framework:INFO) - Deleting: [deletedID, name] [/meta/default/basic/0000004156, Secret 3727486264629304]
2013-10-15 09:53:41 CDT (Framework:WARN) [RID:1] - RequestURI: /
2013-10-15 09:53:41 CDT (Framework:WARN) [RID:1] - RequestPath: /
2013-10-15 09:53:41 CDT (Framework:WARN) [RID:1] - Parameters:

2013-10-15 09:53:41 CDT (Framework:FATAL) [RID:1] - com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_portalrules.mechanics.PortalRulesMechanics.getAllMatchingRulesForUser(Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;)Ljava/util/Collection;
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_portalrules.mechanics.PortalRulesMechanics.getAllMatchingRulesForUser(Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;)Ljava/util/Collection;
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.presentation.renderers.DefaultRenderer.render(DefaultRenderer.java:223)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.presentation.PresentationManager.handlePres(PresentationManager.java:389)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.pres(DispatchManager.java:640)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handle(DispatchManager.java:470)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handleDispatch(DispatchManager.java:381)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.impl.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:305)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.impl.NTLMV1Filter.doFilter(NTLMV1Filter.java:50)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.impl.NTLMFilter.doFilter(NTLMFilter.java:28)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.servlet.GZIPFilter.doFilter(GZIPFilter.java:51)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:923)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:547)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451)

the exact or almost similar error keeps occuring for several time and finally end up with the following error

2013-10-15 09:55:59 CDT (Framework:INFO) - [1sim1w972lsv3xbqub18g2dfz:Guest] - Session timed out

When i open the MWS URL, i get the similar error with “HTTP ERROR 500” header.

HTTP ERROR 500
Problem accessing /. Reason:

com.webmethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_portalrules.mechanics.PortalRulesMechanics.getAllMatchingRulesForUser(Lcom/webmethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;Lcom/webmethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;)Ljava/util/Collection;

Caused by:
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_portalrules.mechanics.PortalRulesMechanics.getAllMatchingRulesForUser(Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;)Ljava/util/Collection;

I tried reinstallaing the MWS with lower versions of db scripts as well but the problem still exists. Any help would be greatly apppreciated. Thanks.

What is the version of MWS and database?

MWS InstalledVersion: 8.2.1.0.144.
Database : Oracle 11g
The version of the db components installed for the MWS Product is : 8.2.1.0.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Where are you installing from a local installer image? There seems to be a mismatch between the core MWS libraries and the wm_xt_portalrules component.

I installed it from a image file created.

As a sanity check, I suggest installing directly from Empower or try recreating your install image. I strongly suspect there is something strange going on with your image.

8.2.1 support DB 11g and issue seems to be with image only as ron told

1)Uninstall existing one

2)Delete folder structures

3)Create new image

4)Install DCC and run latest scripts

5)point to DB correctly and it should wrk for you

Hi Sai/All,

Error:
2014-02-26 00:36:52 IST (Framework:FATAL) [RID:33] - com.webMethods.portal.portlet.wm_xt_portalrules.mechanics.PortalRulesMechanics.getAllMatchingRulesForUser(Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;Lcom/webMethods/portal/service/meta2/thing/IThingID;)Ljava/util/Collection;
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.presentation.renderers.DefaultRenderer.render(DefaultRenderer.java:223)

I am also facing the same error even after re-installing MWS, DB configuration tables, dropped the user and created again…did all tricks that I could/think of. This problem started appearing after I installed some fixes from SAG for both IS and MWS(common library and Data base configurator etc.,). I want to know how to uninstall MWS fixes, please let me know how to do that.
Thanks in advance!

You’d better open a ticket with SAG, they should know some fix break things.

Hi All,

Can somebody please help me fixing this issue.

Regards,
Satish