ISInternal failed

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

customer license

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

This was happening when i installing IS on the two environment with the same setttings, on the first server(DC) the JDBC Pools are successfully tested and scheduler function normally, but on the second server (DRC) i found this issues, anyone has any idea how to solve this, and why this is happening? because i installed the same way as the DC server

Strange, it would appear the derby.jar lib is missing, can you check if it exists in

<SAG_HOME>/common/lib/ext

It would appear that your installation didn’t work properly, did you see any errors during install ?
You can find the log file in

<SAG_HOME>/install/logs

For info it is always a good idea to copy error messages into the text i.e.

No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby:embedded;create=true

makes life easier for me to find this type of error, also easier on my eyeballs :rofl:
regards,
John.

Hello John, thank you for helping me and sorry for the inconvenience :rofl:, the problem is solved turns out someone changed the permission of the library so my user doesn’t have permission on that lib folder, now i already change the permission and restart the IS and IS Internal is successfully tested. Thank you

Regards,
Vincent

That’s great, my next question would have been “are you running with the same user as the installation ?”, so your issue was something similar.

you might want to look into automating your installations going forward.
regards,
John.

are you running with the same user as the installation ?
Yes, i am installing the integration server with the same user, but i don’t know how the lib has different permission than other folder, maybe someone did chmod/chown them. It doesn’t happen on other environment.

Are we able to do installations automatically?

Automating is relatively easy. You can do this directly from the installer as it is capable of creating both images and installation scripts.

Step 1 - Create Image
When running Installer, select the advanced button, go to the image tab and and select the option to create an image. You will notice that after selecting the product it won’t ask you for any configuration info.

Step 2 - Install whilst creating a script
Run the installer again. Click on the advanced button (again) and this type select install from an image in the images tab and select the image file you created in step 1. Now go to the scripts tab and choose to create a script. Then proceed with the installation. It will be much quicker to present the software because it will be based on the local image. Go through the installation process until the end.

Step 3 - Customise & Automate
You now have an image and script to allow installer to be run without human interface. You can even modify the script manually as it is a text file i.e. if you want to change the license file location or the same for the image file. You can now run the installer from a script without requiring any manual intervention e.g.

./SoftwareAGInstaller-LinuxX86.bin -installDir /opt/softwareag -readScript /software/installer-script.txt

If you want to go to the next level and automate distributed installation and reach maximum Nirvana, then you can use Command Central to do that, but that’s only really useful if you have 100’s of installations to manage.

regards,
John.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.