IS not coming up

hi all,

I am not able to bring up the IS and it is showing below errors-

2020-02-05 16:27:10 CET [WmAuditingSC.destination.1126E] Failed to open connection to database; reason: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

2020-02-05 16:27:10 CET [WmAuditingSC.logger.3405E] In logger ‘Error Logger’, failed to log to destination; reason: Failed to open connection to database; reason: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

2020-02-05 16:27:10 CET [ISS.0137.0006E] Scheduler: Error initializing scheduler: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

However, other IS in the same environment are UP and jdbc adapters are also in enabled state. They are also connecting to same database.

Could anyone please let me know what should be done to rectify this issue.

Thanks in advance

Hi Prateek,

Assuming you are talking this from On-Prem IS perspective and not wm.io cloud instances.

As the error points out to invalid credentials (either user or password or both) I think you need to troubleshoot more Internally and check with your local DBA or IT security team that manages the user access (if that kind of processed is aligned in your org) …

Having said that also try compare the other environment you said that is working fine vs the troubled env (JDBC connection wise) and you might find a root cause itself.

Agree?

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

additional question:
Was this instance at least up and running once, or is it failing at all?
When it was running once you can try to restore the config from the last time it was starting successfully from config/backup folder to the config folder.

The error message is not relating to the WmJDBCAdapter connections but to the internal JDBC-Pools used for auditing, logging and housekeeping tasks via Scheduler.

But IS should come up even when it fails its internal database connectivity and you can correct the values online afterwards.

Regards,
Holger

Hello RMG,

Thanks for responding.

For below point-
“Having said that also try compare the other environment you said that is working fine vs the troubled env (JDBC connection wise) and you might find a root cause itself”

Could you please let me know which files to compare exactly and since the password in the pools configuration file are encrypted, how can i compare the passwords. Earlier it was working fine.

Thanks

Hello Holger,

Thanks for responding.

For your point-
“Was this instance at least up and running once, or is it failing at all?
When it was running once you can try to restore the config from the last time it was starting successfully from config/backup folder to the config folder.”

The instance was up and running till 30th Jan, and after that it never came up.
We have kept restoring the config folder as the last option, anything else can we do here.

Also, could you please help me with the information that,all jdbc adapter configurations like- server details, db name, password etc can be changed in the server also? Note- i am not talking about pools configurations.

Thanks

Hi Prateek,

when the server comes up and the connection data is not valid, the connections remain in disabled state.

For JDBC Adapter you will find an entry in the left navigation from where you can access the JDBC Adapter Admin UI.
You can then edit the connection parameters from there.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the quick reply, but I was asking on the linux server side configurations not on GUI.

GUI is not available, so we cant modify any settings.

Thanks

Hi Prateek,

the IS Admin UI and the JDBCAdapter UI are not graphical prgrams running on OS, but just web sites hosted on IS which can be viewed in any browser of your choice.

As the passwords are stored in a crypted storage file and linked into the connection nodes as password handlers, there is no other way to correct them as per the Admin UI.

Regards,
Holger