Forgotten integration server database password

Hello, is there any way of changing the password from inside the integration server files or data? Like a configuration file where the password is stored inside the server? I’m running the IS on Linux machine, application version is 8.
I am aware of the database user and connections, but the password has changed from the external Oracle database, the problem is I cannot start webMethods because of incorrect login/password.
Is there a way of changing password from the command line or files?

Let’s say I have control on the database to change it or set a new one, but how can I match it on the Integration server or webMethods? I cannot start the webethods because the account is getting locked because of wrong login…

Hoping to have some help thank you.
Regards,

In addition to what I’ve stated above: there is this file called: dbConfigurator.sh but I am not sure if it will work on my favor, I’m hoping to only update the database user’s password nothing more.

Hi Fles Torres,
Yes, your assumption is correct that dbConfigurator.sh is only used for creating and managing the database objects (tables and etc.) used by various webMethods components, and the configuration used by it does not affect how each component connects to the database.

We can certainly help you change the password used by all Integration Server JDBC pools (the ones you configure using IS Admin > Settings > JDBC Pools > Pool Alias definitions) but due to security aspects involved in discussing such procedure in open forum, I’m hesitant to discuss the actual procedure on this forum. Please create a support incident on Empower or contact Software AG support team and we can help you with this requirement. When doing so, you can reference this communication to continue our conversation from where we are leaving off here.

Regards,
-Senthil

1 Like

Hi Fles Torres,
One additional point that I forgot to mention earlier. Even if the JDBC pool password is wrong, the webMethods Integration Server should startup. Please double check and share the server.log. If your IS starts with up errors, you can then use the IS Admin > Settings > JDBC Pools page to reset your password and restart the IS another time for proper startup with correct JDBC pool credentials.

If the same user credentials are used in multiple JDBC pools or in multiple Integration Servers in cluster then it’s possible that the corresponding Oracle user account gets locked due to multiple attempts with invalid password. In that case, you need to wait for all the Integration Server(s) to complete their startup (with errors), unlock the Oracle user account and then modify the JDBC Pools with new password using IS Admin.

Regards,
-Senthil

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 1083 days. New replies are no longer allowed.