IS File Poller Output

I have a IS file poller which is polling for files of multiple types and calling an IS Service.

what would be the input to IS Service in case file is XML or in case file is FF/CSV or is there any difference in way IS service should manage the poller call with different inputs.

Thanks

Is polls the folder for a file than as per its processing it keeps it in different folder as DONE or ERROR you can use IS service to validate its content as it picks file from Polling folder.

Hi Chirag,

Are you my colleague Chirag ?
If so, have a look in the RoutingLayer packages : I have to manage both XML and FF.

Bye

Laurent

Did you specify a Content Type in the file polling port definition? If so, the content handler for that type will be used for all files found in the directory.

If no Content Type is specified then IS maps the file extension using MIME types to the appropriate content type and uses that handler. For XML, the service will be passed a node object. For other extensions, you’ll get an input applicable to the corresponding MIME type (there isn’t a mapping for .csv files).

Hope this helps to point in the right direction.

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to confirm that when the file is of extension .xml though the content within could be of type flatfile or xml or whatever… the Input to IS service will work fine with ffdata or is it a different mechanism to handle different types in called IS Service ?

Also I have another question… I am using File Polling but when I run getTransportInfo service with in IS service , the output transport protocol is coming as http ?

It won’t work. With the XML extension, IS will pass the file to the text/xml content handler. That handler will parse the XML to create a node object in the pipeline. If the data in the file is not XML, and is CSV data instead, it will fail.

Different content types will create different variables in the pipeline. I wish there were a list of them but alas there is not.

The getTransportInfo issue sounds odd. Perhaps checking with wM tech support is the thing to do on this one.

then could you please suggest, how should i approach handling of flatfiles with extension .xml.

what will be the input to IS Service if not ffdata, and if not ffdata how to handle it!!

Might I suggest not using one file polling port for handling multiple types of files? Instead, configure multiple file polling ports, each with their own set of directories and content type. Specify the Content Type when configuring each file polling port. Then, it doesn’t matter what the file extension is.