Installing webMethods Enterprise Adapters v411 on NT Error Type 3

Well, here is a nice tip for the crowd – webMethods Enterprise Adapters v4.1.1 cannot be installed on NT if the command-line command is over a certain number of characters. This is the Error Type 3.

So, when installing the Enteprise v.4.1.1 standard adapters for Enterprise Server, if you get the Error Type 3 dialog box, here is what to do:

1. Get the directory name with the install file in it down to as few characters as possible. For example, the default file name is “411ga_ent-adapter-dom.zip”. This file extracts by default to the folder “411ga_ent-adapter-dom”. Change the folder name to “a”.

2. Move the folder to your root directory. The path to the executable should now be “C:\a\setup.exe”.

3. Run the executable. You will not get the Error Type 3 dialog box.

I will detail some other steps to take when upgrading to Enterprise Server 5.0 in a future post.

Dan,

thanks for your post, what about windowsxp(pentium4)?

Hi, SKK.

I have not tested this is XP, but I assume that a similar condition would exist. Microsoft may have made updates to their OS, but you never know.

If you test this one, let us all know what you find. Thanks.

Dan/SKK,

The trick works in XP also…i just now installed by following the steps and it works.

My environment is XP, Intel Centrino.

Thanks a lot guys.