Installation trouble with X-Plorer - cannot see Java

Hi.

I am installing X-Plorer using the standalone installation package (X-Plorer_4_1_4_2_Win32.zip.) It aborts with the message:

The installation cannot detect an installed Java. Please check the prerequisites in the Readme.txt file. The installation will abort.

Why does the installer abort here? It should just warn and let me sort out Java issues. I have the following directories with Java:

c:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05
c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_07
c:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_08

I imagine that since this software is pretty old it’s looking for an ancient version of Java. Can I spoof the installer by creating a file in a directory somewhere so it thinks I have the right version of Java?

thanks for any advice.

Hi Patrick,
as far as I remember, the X-Plorer is looking for the JRE that is delivered with Tamino. Do you have a Tamino 4.1 installed on the same machine?
Regards,
Gerald

Hello guys! I have the very same problem. I also downloaded the X-Plorer as a standalone application. I have a CentraSite 3.1 installation and there is a JDK there. I figured I could use that but it didn’t work out either. Is there any file in the installation package that I should modify so that that setup finds what it wants? Or maybe I should unzip that zip file in a specific folder?

Greets:

Petko