Installation of X-Tools is incomplete

Hello,

I have completed the installation of Tamino (Version 4.1.4.1) without any error messages on Windows XP Prof.

Unfortunately there are not all X-Tools fully installed. I miss the X-Plorer an the Schema Editor in the Tools menu.

During the installation I have choosen the complete installtion. In the installation path there are under the folder “x-tools” subfolders for the X-Plorer and the Schema Editor. These subfolders contain various files.

I have tried to start the Schema Editor with a cmd-file I found in the folder Schema Editor. There had been an error messge shown, which says, that the main class was not found.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Thorsten

Hello,

I’m suprised at the folder name “x-tools”. Since Tamino 4.1.1 the folder name is “X-Tools”. Is there a rest of an 3.1 installation on the machine? The command file found in the folder “x-tools” could be an old one in this case. Please look for a command file in the folder “Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 4.1.4.1\X_Tools\X_Plorer” or “…\X_Tools\Tamino_Schema_Editor”.

Concerning the shortcuts: Do you have the shortcuts “X-Plorer” and “Schema Editor” under the folder “Documents and Settings\All Users\Start menu\Programs\Software AG Tamino 4.1.4.1\Tamino Tools” ?

Best regards
Hardy

Hello Hardy,

sorry, I spelled the folder name not correctly. The name of the folder is “X_Tools”. I have only installed Tamino 4.1 on this computer.

I do not have shortcuts for X-Plorer or Schema-Editor. When I execute the command file “inoschema.cmd” in the folder …\Tamino 4.1.4.1\X_Tools\Tamino_Schema_Editor an error messge is shown, which says, that the main class was not found.

Do you have any ideas about the reason for my problem?

Best regards
Thorsten

Hello Thorsten,

please have a look into “inoschema.cmd”. Have the variables JAVA_HOME and XSC_HOME reasonable values? At the end of the installation the command file will tuned for the specific installation directory and Java path while replacing some place holders. If not, you could edit this file.

Regards,
Hardy

Hello Hardy,

the values for the variables are ok.

I compared the files located in the X_Tools subdirectories of the faulty installation with a successful installtion.

There were some files missing. I copied these files from the successful installation into the faulty one.

Now the tools seem to work.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Thorsten

Hello Thorsten,

neverless, I’m highly interrested in getting the log file of the installation. The log file for the Schema Tools installation is called “XSC4.1.4.2Inst.log” and can be found in the folder C:\Program Files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 4.1.4.1 . If there were problems during installation the log file is stored in your %TEMP%. Please can you send this file. My e-mail address is Hardy.Kiefer@softwareag.com .

Best regards
Hardy