installation can't continue!

I recently acquired Tamino 4.2.1 and tried to install it on Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 machine. In the middle of installation, when installer tries to install System Management Hub, following error appears: Error 1920.Service Software AG EventLayer Service (argevtsrv) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services. I went to Services and saw that installer tries to start this service logged as SAGUSER, which is a part of Administrators group, so, it should be able to start it. Then I tried to start this service manualy and following error appeared: Could not start the Software AG EventLayer Service service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion Installation stops there and cannot continue without this service started. Please help! Srdjan.

please report this issue to your local support center

I know it’s been a while since you posted this error, but I am experiencing the same error when I try to install Centrasite version 3.1.5. Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, how?

Thanks