How to reset password for users in Centrasite

Am trying to create internal users in Centrasite. I don’t see a place where it asks for setting password for the user.
Also after creating the user i don’t see an option of resetting the password either.

Am using Community edition. Any suggestions from anybody?

Hi,
please see http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-5_sp1/CentraSite/9-5-SP1_CentraSite/ag-authent/intconf.htm#intconf for details on how to manage internal users

Daniel

1 Like

Thank you Daniel. It helps.

Hi,

Thanks for Info.I am able to create user with password and user getting updated in users.conf file.But I am not able to login to CentraSite Controller/BU with that user/password(INTERNAL\user).Even when I login with Administrator I do not see that whatever user I created throughCommandline in user management of CentraSIte controller.

Could you please help how we can see created users INTERNALLY??

Thanks and Regards,
Sudhir.

Hi Sudhir,
you are nearly there. The sentence in the documentation "A user who is registered in the text file can log in using the domain and name “INTERNAL<UserName>”, where is the registered user name. " suggests that the user is know to CentraSite once it is defined in the text file. This is only partly try. Please log in with the user Administrator and create new users in the Organizations you want. Then click the button “Associate” and search for users that are not already defined in CentraSite and add them.
Regards,
Gerald

Thanks Gerald for your suggestion.It worked for me.
I am looking for SMTP settings where I can configure these settings. In the sense, For suppose we have policies related to users creation/deletion events to notify respective persons through built-in E-mail notification templates. In order to work with it, Can I know where to configure these SMTP settings??

Sorry If I have put this in this thread.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudhir.

Hi Sudhir,
we would do such things via so-called Design/Change-Time Policies. They are present when you use the ActiveSOA Edition of CentraSite and work with the PluggableUI (CentraSite Control). I just checked and defined a policy that will send an Email notification to a specific user when a new user is added to the system.
Would that cover your use case?
Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for the reply.I am trying to use sendnotificationTemplate.But When I execute the policy I am getting "Could not able to connect SMTP .Localhost:25 "

I am just wondering that some where do we need to configure these SMTP details so that these notification templates works??

Thanks and Regards,
Sudhir.

Hi Sudhir,

OK, now I understand. Please go to the /CentraSite/utilities folder and have a look at the script CentraSiteCommand. To retrieve the current Email settings and writing them to a file, do the following under Linux:
./CentraSiteCommand.sh get Email -user Administrator -password manage -file /tmp/EmailSettings.xml
Then you can edit the file and pass it back in via:
./CentraSiteCommand.sh set Email -user Administrator -password manage -file /tmp/EmailSettings.xml

Hope that helps, if you use Windows, please adapt as needed.
Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for valuable inputs .

where do we find the list all the published Email Templates? Do we need to define location path details in any of the configuration file to copy / place the email Templates? . Can you please provide your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeevan

Hi Jeevan,
I am only aware of one Email configuration that you can set and retrieve as I have described. Otherwise, the Email templates which can be used in an Email. You can configure and modify them, please have a look at http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-8/CentraSite/webhelp/index.html#page/centrasite-webhelp%2Fto-working_with_email_notifications_29.html or http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite9-8/CentraSite/webhelp/index.html#page/centrasite-webhelp%2Fto-working_with_email_notifications_31.html%23.
Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

With reference to the document link you have provided, I have tried creating a new User using the following command:

C:\SoftwareAG9_8\common\security\ssx_64\bin>ssxtxtpasswd -f C:\SoftwareAG9_8\common\conf\users.txt

It prompted for a password and I have provided.
Then I get the following response:

User entry for succefully added.
SSXINT009 Unable to open/create file: C:\SoftwareAG9_8\common\conf\users.txt

Thanks in advance!

Hi Swetha,
did you check that the file exists? I would guess so but perhaps you do not have the right permissions to modify it. Can you please open a command prompt as Administrator and try again?
Regards,
Gerald

Gerald, the file exists and it worked with ‘Run as Admin’. Thanks for reminding!

However based on the above discussion, created a user and asscociated it to the new INTERNAL<userId> using Admin credentials but still unable to login to CentraSite with the new userId credentials.

Hi Swetha,
what you say is a bit hard to believe. Please keep in mind, that users and password are case-sensitive. Did you add the user(s) via the BusinessUI or the PluggableUI and does it look like in the attached screenshots and the user is activated, i.e. is allowed to log in?
Regards,
Gerald

Users_BUI.gif

Hey Gerald,
Created a user “Swetha” in CS9.6 and added/associated the user through PluggableUI. Later I created another user “swetha” (NOT Swetha) in CS9.8 and added the user. After I tried to login in CS9.8 Control, the following was the error: “Connection handler com.centrasite.control.login failed to establish connection. Plug-in com.centrasite.control has been disabled.”
And then I got a hint through Wrapper.log that “user name is not unique”. Then I created some random username and successfully logged in to CS control. So it so happened because the users are case-insensitive?

Hi Swetha,
good to hear that it is working now. Looks like we have it case-insensitive internally at some point, but normally, you need to put it in exactly as defined.
Regards,
Gerald

Sorry I am posting the details here instead of opening a new thread. Thank you for reading my message.

Hi Gerald,

Here is my concerns, Can you please suggest me .

1.LDAP configuration for API portal has to be done at the UMC .

Here my concern is that Is possible to configure the Multiple LDAP directories for API-Portal ?

1. LDAP Configuration for CentraSite has to be done at System Management Hub

Is possible to configure the Multiple LDAP directories for CentraSite

Can you please clarify above concerns and. Thank you In advance

Regards,
Jeevan

Hi Jeevan,

as far as I am aware, UMC cannot handle multiple LDAP server (yet). CentraSite can but in the newest release this is no longer done via SMH.

Regards,
Gerald

1 Like

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for quick response and valuable inputs .

In version 9.8 , Due to this reason I could not see that CentraSite Product is missing under system Management Hub Administrator account.

Can you please guide me that to configure the LDAP for CentraSite 9.8 version and which would be helpful for me to complete the activity.

Thank you In advance .

Regards,
Jeevan