How to reset password for users in Centrasite

Hi Jeevan,
please find attached a LDAP tutorial, please also consult the official documentation under the chapter “Authentication Topics and LDAP”.
Regards,
Gerald
f3000c01-7c8b-4bd8-b3cf-1b60b9d2908f.pdf (181 KB)

1 Like

Hi Jeevan,
regarding LDAP in UMC, the LDAP configuration is tenant-specific so if you have more than one tenant you can connect to different LDAP servers.
Regards,
Gerald

1 Like

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for sharing the document and valuable inputs.

As per your inputs , I created the tenant and provided the require privileges for tenants. yes we can configure the Multiple LDAPs for API-Portal. Thank you once again.

Regards,
Jeevan.

Hi Gerald ,

INTERNAL authentication is case-sensitive in CentraSite .

LDAP authentication is Case-Insensitive in CentraSite

Active directory authentication is Case-Insensitive in CentraSite . I observed these details in CentraSite.

correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeevan

This
Sorry I am posting the details here instead of opening a new thread. Thank you for reading my message.

Hi Gerald,

I have applied the fix webMethods Mediator 9.8 SP0 Fix 3 on IntegrationServer using updateManager tool.
It was throwing below error

“2015-08-05 14:09:34.146 IST: Installing IS package D:\SoftwareAG98\IntegrationServer\packages\WmMediator
Error: Manifest.rel file is missing, so patch history can not be retain
2015-08-05 14:09:34.395 IST: Installing IS package D:\SoftwareAG98\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmMediator
Error: Manifest.rel file is missing, so patch history can not be retain”

Manifest.rel file is not found in the WmMediator Package then its throwing the above error.
Even I applied the fixes for other components (PRT and Monitor packages) successfully installed with out any issues.

We are not able to view fix at package level (WmMediator) and I have applied the dependent fix also(CentraSite 9.8 Fix 4) and I could not find any resolution for this . Can you please guide me .

Thanks & Regards,
Jeevan

Related to the missing manifest.rel file please open an incident at SAG Support.

This usually indicates that the fix is corrupt and needs to be rebuild.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Gerald

I am working on CentraSite 9.8 Version . I have a query regarding the CentraSite Clustering .

Here is my concerns

Is it possible to do clustering for CentraSite servers ? If yes , Can you please guide us that how can we do the clustering ?

Is suggestible the CentraSite servers in cluster mode ? Is there any advantages and draw backs if we can go for clustering for CentraSite servers.

Thank you In advance .

Regards,
Jeevan

Hi Jeevan,

I am not sure what you mean by clustering, we have a high availability setup for CentraSite, however, this is not asked for very often. Documentation for it is included in the kit.

Kind regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald

Thank you for quick response .

Here My concern is that " Is it possible clustering the CentraSite servers ? ( like we can do clustering for Integration Server) .

I could not find any documentation on CentraSite Server clustering. Can you please share if any documents on it.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeevan

Hi Jeevan,
have a look at the PDFs in \CentraSite\files\ha\common
Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I am sorry for posting my query in this thread.

I have installed Centrasite 9.8 in my local machine (windows 7 OS).

I have tried to changed internal user password for Centrasite using interuserrepo.bat file and password got changed for one of the internal user.

Also, I am able to access Centrasite Control UI with the new password, but for Business UI its accessible with both old and new passwords of the user.

Please let me know what can be done for this.

Would appreciate your help on this.

Regards,
Ilias S

Hi Ilias S,
this is a rather odd behavior. Did you try refreshing your browser cache? Otherwise, could you please restart the Software AG Common Tomcat, or the whole machine, and see if things change.
Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Sorry to post a message here

I was trying to start up the API-portal acc.sh on unix machine and getting the error as

Unable to add node localhost to ensemble.
Could not connect to http://localhost:9001/rest. Make sure that an agent is running on this machine and that the specified port is correct.
Also check if you used the right protocol to communicate with the agent (you used HTTP, try HTTPS).

can u please guide me that how to bring up the API-PORTAL on unix

Regards,
Jeevan

Hi Jeevan,
how do you start the ARIS Cloud Controller (acc)? You can specify the port it should connect to and if you do not specify it via the -p command line options, it is using the default port 9001 to communicate with the agent. However, in the API-Portal the default port is different in order to not interfere with another ARIS installation. I think it is either 18001 or 18002, can you please try it out? You also need to specify the host via -h , the username and the password.
Regards,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for quick response . Yes the port number should be 18001(Cloud AGENT port) and then only it allows to start the ACC . Manually I verified all the batch files and I found the command line details in the start_api batch file .

Can you please clarify the below queries

I started the ACC on Test server , the component apiportalbundle_m is only in starting status and remaining all 6 runnable components are started. later I verified the logs and found the below errors and execptions

1. The URI returned by the ElasticSearch app instance in ZooKeeper is malformed
 2. com.aris.prov.agent.plugin.WebappPlugin - Ping to   http://<<HostName>>:18112/abs/static/com.softwareag.copernicus.plugins.publishing.PublishingPlugin/

/clear.cache.gif failed

Can you please suggest us , is it requires to raise a SAG SR request.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeevan

Hi Gerald,

I have resolved the issue and now All the ACC components are up and running and with in a 10 mins all the ACC components are started .

Thanks & Regards,
Jeevan

Hi Gerald,

I have customized Business UI login page and replaced the Software AG and Centrasite logos with custom logos.
But whenever I take the mouse pointer on these custom logos its displaying Software AG and Centrasite names.
Please let me know how to disable this, so that when I take the mouse pointer to custom logos it doesn’t display anyname.

Regards,
Ilias S

Sorry to post the thread here instead of open a new thread.

Hi Gerald,

This is issue regarding the guest user is not able the Business UI .

LDAP is configured on CentraSite server and set it as a default domain .once it is done , I verified that the guest is able to access the Business UI.

I added the Admin user for LDAP directory on CS successfully using the CentraSite Command and verified the guest user is not able to access the Business UI . but guest user can able to access the Pluggable UI.

I verified the guest user credentials also in the registryUddi/WEB-INF/web.xml file and It looks fine.

Is there any impact on guest user, If the Admin user is added for LDAP on CentraSite Registry & Repository?

Can you please suggest us . Even we did not receive the proper resolution from SAG team on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeevan