How to Pass the New Segments to existing IDOC from new IDOC

Hi,

Can anyone suggest me that how to pass the new segment values from New IDOC to old IDOC which is recently added recently from SAP side.

Scenario :

We have existing IDOC which is used in our data transfer between SAP and E1 systems.
Now recently SAP team have added new segment field under same IDOC which they have added as external segment.

I am trying to create new IDOC by giving CIM type as the new segment in our SAP Adapter Notification which they have added and the new IDOC was generated.
And also there was already existing flow logical code already defined in our flow services by using old IDOC, so i need to pass these new external segment fields from new IDOC to old IDOC, then there will be no impact on the existing code.

Appreciate Your Quick help on the same.

Thank You!
Shankar Nadella

Hi,

go to the SAP Adapter Admin UI and remove the IDoc from the DDIC Cache for the SAP System ID which provides the IDoc.
Then perform a fresh Lookup of the IDoc.

In Designer update the Notification values and synchronize the doc type with your messaging provider if neccessary.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, i have already cleared the DDIC cache and have given new segment ZPEXR2002 under CIM type in adapter listener notification and after that it was created the new IDOC with ZPEXR2002 name.
But the problem here i am facing was we have the code already written on old IDOC name PEXR2002.

Hi Shankar,

you might want to consider using a XSLT transformation by using Built-In-Services from WmXSLT package.

At the end just remap the PEXR2002 to ZPEXR2002 and add the mapping for the new fields.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

It’s a IDOC, so i am not sure whether XSLT services will work on this.

Thanks,
Shankar

Hi Shankar,

sure they do.

We have a process which uses one IDoc type (with ~1.500 fields) for 4 different SAP-Systems.
Due to the amount of fields we are using XSLT transformations for the mapping from one System to the other instead of direct mapping in a flow service.

Regards,
Holger