Convert GIS to IDOC Format

Hello everyone,

I need to convert GIS file as input and convert into Idoc Document.Please guide me.
what steps i should be follow?

Thanks

Please provide the GIS file format and sample files?

Is the GIS file a custom format one and you should dealing with WmFlatFile Adapter to parse and map etc… Please elaborate more on your request and upload any samples and steps the work done so far.

HTH,
RMG

Hi all,
i am new in SAP IDOC.
I have done all these below steps-
Step1-get file
step2- convert to values service
step3-loop over some records and done mapping
step4-append to document list
step5-pub.sap.idoc:documentToIdoc
Step6-pub.sap.idoc:encodesDATA
step7-encodeString
then i got error >The Idoc meta data for is not available on repository.

Hi Ankur,

please provide a screen shot of the about page from SAP Adapter.

Is the connecition to the targer SAP-System enabled?

You can than check under DDIC-Cache for the system ID of this SAP-System if the IDoc Metadata has been loaded or not.

When using Lookup you can retrieve and verify the IDoc structure.

Regards,
Holger

Also apart from the above checks, you should check with your Basis/SAP Dev team and make sure that IDOC’s are available for your SAP user that wM Adapter connection tied for that particular SAP client that (DDIC-Cache) shows

These all part of the troubleshooting activities when during early days of implementation of any new IDOC processing in the non-prod systems.

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

do you have multiple connections to this SAP instance using different client number /mandator?

In this case you should use the same user/password for all clients and your SAP Basis has to ensure that all structure are present in all clients on this SAP instance.
This is due to the fact that SAP Adapter uses a shared repository for the metadata which is not distinguishing between users and mandators.

Regards,
Holger

Hi all,

i am sharing SAP Adapter Connection screen shot but i checked in (DDIC-Cache).there is only 1 segment defined.I am new in IDOC.what i should do now?

Thanks & Regards,
Ankur
2017-04-06_115516.jpg

Hi Ankur,

Unfortunately you cannot nabvigate inside the Idoc in DDIC-Cache overview.

Go to Lookup page and select the SAP-Instance.
In the last part of the page enter the name of the IDoc in doubt and perform the lookup.
In this view you can navigate through the structure.

Regards,
Holger

Yes please check on the above response and try to work with your IS admin and touch base with ABAP/Basis team also and make sure the IDOC has all the segments and permissions to the user that your SAP connection is enabled on.

HTH,
RMG