How to load graphics file?

Hello!

I tried to use inpxmld.exe to load my graphics file (gif, jpg) into TAMINO. I have about 100 graphics files so I want to load in automatic way. My tries were:
c:\program files\Software AG\Tamino\Tamino 3.1.1.1\X-Tools\Tamino Data Loader>inoxmld.exe Database=mydb Collection=col/graphics/01.jpg Log=c:\log.txt Input=c:\graphics\01.jpg

Unfortunaletly, the results were unsuccessfully!

Log.txt is:
------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ino:response xmlns:ino=“http://namespaces.softwareag.com/tamino/response2” xmlns:xql=“XQL FAQ (XML Query Language - Frequently Asked Questions)”>
ino:message
ino:messagelineTamino Data Loader v3.1 Copyright (c) Software AG</ino:messageline>
ino:messagelineLoading from c:\graphics\01.jpg to Tamino database db005</ino:messageline>
ino:messagelineStart: Fri Jul 05 11:44:58 2002</ino:messageline>
</ino:message>
<ino:message ino:returnvalue=“8527”><ino:messagetext ino:code=“INOXME8527”>Mass loading/unloading for doc-type not supported</ino:messagetext></ino:message>
</ino:response>
------------------------------------------------

I must admit that in Tamino Interactive Interface works pretty well.

Database URL: http://localhost/tamino/mydb/col/graphics/01.jpg

Process:
C:\graphics\01.jpg

----
Thanks for quick reply and helping hand and support a lot in advance!

Regards,
Dariusz Baumann

Why nobody answered?
Please help me.

Thanks a lot…

Regards
Dariusz Baumann
POLAND

The Tamino loaders (inoxmld and the java based one) only support the loading of XML and not loading of nonXML. So I think for the moment you have to do this manually using TII :frowning: or write your own which probably won’t be too bad :expressionless:

Maybe someone has done this already and post their utility to you…?

In next version of Tamino inoxmld will support non xml documents? I think that it is very important…

Thanks for answer

Dariusz Baumann

You can use WebDAV Server with your XML Server to load multiple non XML documents. The only disadvantage is that you access them with their ino:id.

For instance, if you copy (and so store) your hundred of docs in the WebDAV directory, you will access your file with the URL :

http://localhost/tamino/database/collection/xdav_nonXML/@n

where n is the ino:id of the doc.

Hope this helps.

Hello Dariusz,

I saw your cry for help and I thought lets extend my workbench to import graphics (or whatever you want to import).

This is what you need to do:

1. Install the latest version of Tamino Workbench
2. Overwrite the TaminoClient.exe version with the one I include in this message
3. Start Tamino Workbench and select the Collection/Document type you use to store the NonXML documents
4. Select the import function
5. Select button <Select …> and pick all graphics you want to upload (you can switch between directories, because I’m using the result list).
6. Store the documents into Tamino

That’s it!

One note: I’m using the document name as unique indetifier so that you can retrieve the document as follows: http://yourhost/tamino/yourdatabase/yourcollection/yourDoctype/mygraphic.jpg.

So watch out duplicate file names.

Regards,
Rudolf

Here’s the extended version :wink:
TaminoClient.zip (85.4 KB)

Have a look at Tamino Workbench (next version) …

Regards,
Rudolf

Hello!

I have tried to install your SMALL application and after executing setup.exe I got error message:

“Setup cannot continue because some files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setup again. Click to cancel to exit setup without updating system files”.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Then I click OK and I got next a NICE message:

“Do you want to restart Windows now? If you choose ‘No’, you will not be able to to run setup again until after the system rebooted at a later time.”

So I chose ‘Yes’, my computer restarted and then I executed ONCE AGAIN your application by using setup.exe file, and then I got again the same two error messages boxes!!!

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I don’t really undestand why your Workbench is so complicated for installing!

Regards
Dariusz Baumann

Hi

I’ve seen this problem before with other products.

Check if your virus checking program is set to update on bootup - if so, it might be locking files. To get around this problem, set the update to happen at a particular time of day instead of on bootup, reboot your PC and try installing again.

BTW, only one :frowning: is really required :wink:

Regards,
Muiris.

Hi Dariusz,

Yes the application itself is not so big, but if you make a VB deployment you get VB Runtime + some other necessary stuff for free (which causes the problems you encounter, since it probably tries to upgrade oleaut32.dll and some more COM related stuff).

If you have the latest VB6 version installed (probably not, otherwise setup would not have tried to upgrade your machine I suppose), I can give you the smaller version (which is only a few 100K in size).

Regards,
Rudolf

I can give you the smaller version (which is only a few 100K in size).

--------
Unfortunately, I have been waiting for you small version of application, but you haven’t sent me any. Why?

Best Regards
Dariusz Baumann