How to get the event status programatically

Hello,

I’m trying to invoke a Schedule Event (execute action set as Manual) available in Active Transfer from another IS using wm.mft.schedule:executeEvent via pub.client:http. As the output of this invocation only tells us whether the event is “triggered” successfully or not. I would like to know whether the event is “completed” successfully or not.
Is there any service available using which we can get the status of the executed event? (or) Is there any work-around that tells me that the event is indeed successful. (i.e. the file has been actually transferred to the destination).

Thanks in Advance.
KR

Yes may be there is a way to extract the status.Did you configure events in the MWS AT configuration to get the event status or explore the WmMFT package services?

HTH,
RMG

RMG, could you elaborate further regarding your response? We are wanting to use Control-M for our corporate scheduler and experience the same result that Karthik is seeing. That is, the scheduledEvent is triggered successfully. So if somewhere in the event a failure occurs, the scheduler shows successful but if you view “Event Logs”, you see the failure. We need to tie the 2 together and hopefully it can be done without calling a TN process to accomplish that.

I see this query was posted couple of years ago and there was no solution provided, it might be useful for others who are looking for the solution.

Here is the approach you can take.
When you execute MFT event using wm.mft.schedule:executeEvent all you will be receiving is if the event execution was success or failure. If you are looking for output of the event you can get from the event logs using wm.mft.portal.monitoring:getActivityLogForEvent service.

I see this post was from couple of years back, since there was no solution provided and it might be useful for the next person here is the approach you can take.

When you are executing scheduled event using wm.mft.schedule:executeEvent you will get only the event execution status success/failure. If you are looking for the output of the event you can get it from event logs using wm.mft.portal.monitoring:getActivityLogForEvent service. This service takes the eventLogID as input.

Thanks,
DSP

Hi, having exactly the same issue. I am going to try it with the ID back from scheduleEvent, but how we can have it if from direct event (not a scheduled one)

Yup… I agree too!!

Julien,

Can you elaborate more on your current issue (non event related) as well in here please?

HTH,
RMG

Dear team, I got the anwer from our R&D. There is the tip : you can invoke from an Active Transfer action a Flow service, and give as input {event_execution_id}. Then you will get the Action ID and you can use the FLOW services from wmMFT to get details, link with transaction etc. It will allow us to linked AT logs with IS services / BPM / etc. Hope it helps. J