How to Deliver a document to FTP location?

Hi,

I want to deliver a XML file to the trading partner’s FTP location via TN. I want to use Primary FTP delivery method for the same. I have my XML file as a string. Can anyone let me know the steps to push the XML string from Developer to TN and the to FTP location of the Partner?

Thanks,
Aqua

By the way I am using webMethods 4.6

You can have a FTP delivery method setup for the partner in the partner’s profile and provide the FTP info (host, port, location, username, pass).

“Can anyone let me know the steps to push the XML string from Developer to TN and the to FTP location of the Partner”

Pls review the “TradingNetworksUserguide” for more information on this setup…Here is a brief info to do:

1.Invoke wm.tn.doc.xml:routeXML service in your custom flowservice for routing document to TN
2.configure the TN partner profile (ext id’s,setup Delivery Method-PrimaryFTP configuration),DocumentType,Processing Rule(sender/receiver/doctype criteria) and in the processing action tab select delivery method as above.With the following setup it will let your document send to the trading partner using FTP delivery.

HTH,
RMG

Thanks a lot RMG & YLO.

1. I have configured that. But while I posting the XML, it is showing “STOR command failed” error. Is this because of any authentcation in the target FTP location?

2. And I want to give any name for the XML file, which will be stored in the FTP location, how to do that?

1. And I want to give any name for the XML file, which will be stored in the FTP location, how to do that?-- There is no option for setting custom filename if you are using primaryFTP…unless you use pub.client:ftp services you can set filename as you wanted.

But i am not sure about your query 1.But it could be related to ftp problem…“as FTP couldn’t STOR file.The server denied the STOR operation”…Please check with your remote FTP server operations team.

HTH,
RMG

If you want to use TN for delivery, and want to specify a specific filename format, you’ll need to create a custom FTP TN delivery service. See the TN docs for creating custom TN delivery services.

Thanks a lot Reamon, RMG

Hi,

“command STOR failed”

This might be because of the following reason.

I am not giving any filename for the XML string I am passing. If I do so, the ftp will be expecting some name to store the file in the particular location, right?

I am following the stpes below,

1. Receive XML
  2. Conert to node
  3. routeXML
  4. Processing rule - Primary FTP

Any clues?