How to configure webMethods6 for MS Access using JDBC adapter

Can anybody help me in configuring webMethods6 for MS Access using JDBC adapter.

Are you running on windows? If so, you should be able to use the JDBC-ODBC bridge.

However, if this is the case, may I suggest that you download a developer/desktop edition of SQL2000? Access does not provide the high-transaction support that webMethods requires. Even if you set the logging to local (rather than database), the merant driver (TN) does not support Access databases.

Access is not suitable for the task.

Ray
(former Access developer in my past life…)

Hello Ray,
Where did you find the download site for sql2000?
Can you post the link?

Thanks
Ed

Noor,

If you are just going to use the Access DB to log data or write to a table then write back and tell us all how it worked out. I’m interested in when Access dies under what load.

Ray

Ed,

Most of my companies have been affliated with Microsoft in one capacity or another, so my “download” was paid for in an MSDN subscription. However, one may “Buy” a copy of SQL-2000 for about $35.00 or so.

[url=“http://www.cnet.com/MS_SQL_Server_2000_Developer_Edition___media/4014-3513_9-30473520.html?q=”]http://www.cnet.com/MS_SQL_Server_2000_Developer_Edition___media/4014-3513_9-30473520.html?q=[/url]

This link contains a link to buy the developer edition. If purchasing is not an option, you can definitely download Oracle’s developer edition.

I choose to use SQL 2000 merely to save disk space. Oracle is too fat for my existing laptop.

Ray

Noor,
Did you find out how to use JDBC driver for MS Access. I also want to connect to MS access(one application is on MS Access). I am able to connect and retrieve data using WmDB Connection Alias but not able to do it using JDBC Adapter.Does anyone know how to do it using JDBC Adapter.I am getting following error while I try to connect it through JDBC Connection Screen.

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource MSACCESS:msAccessConn.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

I am using sun driver to connect.

Here are my Connection parameters what I am setting:

DataSource Class:sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
databaseName:jdbc:odbc:AccesstestDB

The rest of the settings are default.Am I missing anything out here.Please let me know.

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Connecting MSAccess using WMDB package from Windows XP is successfull - but connecting from Windows 2000 server - I am getting following error:

“Could not connect: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] System resource exceeded.”.

Any Help is apprecicated.

Krishna,

can you please let me know how we can connect MS Access from windows 2000 server to webmethods6.
Iam trying to execute an example to acess MS Access database.Which one should we use JDBC or WmDB?

Can you give me details on how did you connect using WmDB. May be a screen print willl also help of the connection page.

Use a JDBC driver from a vendor that supports MS Access. The JDBC-ODBC bridge from Sun is to be avoided (not thread safe) and according to Sun is not to be used in a production environment.