how can I read the file?

Hi Team,

After performing the action ‘Twitter - Search Tweets’ and pushing the data content to a ‘Write File’ action, how can I read the file?

Hi Vidyesh,

You can use ‘Read File’ action to read the file.

Regards,
Pramod

Hi Pramod/Team,

My question is relevant to this topic and hence asking here.

Using the “Read File” Utility can I read the file from my local disk?

Hi Sreenivas,

“Read File” utility read the contents of a file stored on webMethods.io Integration engine local storage

Thanks,
Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

I prefer “Mahesh” instead of Sreenivas.

Thanks for the details, is there a way where I can pull the file from my local disk/FTP/SFTP? Any such connectors/trigger actions available in wM IO?

Any response on this pls?

I guess you could do as below:

1. Setup cloud drive as trigger, which you could get the download link as output.
  2. Use Download File to download that file, then you got a file path as output
  3. Use Read File to read the file path

I haven’t tried yet, let me know if it could work.

Hi,

Using files or file systems on cloud is an anti pattern.

Use cloud storage as much as possible as already mentioned.

Let me make it more clear, can I use webMethods IO (formerly known as Built.io) for doing hybrid integration without using an Integration Server, is there any runtime component that can be installed to acess the Apps behind the corporate firewall?

Hi Mahesh

Webmethods.io Integration is not just only built.io.

webMethods.io= built.io + Integration cloud. Work flow plus classic integration capabilities best suited for cloud. Also keep an eye on webmethods.io API.

Hybrid Integration always needs an agent on on-premise. In webmethods.io case it could be leight weight IS agent or MSR or Classic IS based on customer needs.

Directly opening a port to internet is not recommended and secured. Hence generally don’t recommend this option. So agent should be running behind the firewall.

Yes, after the acquisition, webMethods IS is the runtime component and what confuses me is the below details (marked in bold), is there any other runtime component apart from IS or a connector that can access the on-premise apps from built.io?

Firewall Friendly IPs
webMethods.io Integration connects with most third-party services easily and instantly. However, in some cases, you may need to connect to your servers from specific IP addresses, and access resources that lie behind a protective firewall.

This can be achieved in webMethods.io Integration. We provide a set of static IP addresses that you need to whitelist in your firewall. This will allow webMethods.io to make connections to your servers (in order to SSH or to access services like MySQL) and run the required workflow successfully.

To establish the connectivity between webMethods.io Integration and your on-premise Integration Servers, please whitelist the below IPs:

34.215.231.20/32
54.69.161.230/32
35.163.64.191/32

To have the on-premise connectivity working, please whitelist the below IPs:

54.68.140.56/32
54.69.65.75/32
34.215.87.51/32

Sorry Mahesh,

You should treat this as webmethods.io but not just built.io.

You don’t need anything else other than Integration server agent.

Thanks mate! I am exploring this iPaaS and so far its good.

Thanks Mahesh,

Hope you are enjoying this new learning.

I’ll also connect with you offline if you have more questions.