How to read file from AWS S3 location

Hi All,

I am using webmethods_io_workflow in my project.I want to read the file from AWS S3. As per the documentation there is connector called Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) can be used to read file.But I cannot see S3 connector in our environment.Below is the screenshot of the connector which I see in the panel.

Can anybody help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Pratiksha.

Hi Pratiksha,

You need to use this (Amazon Web Services) component under the tree and select action - S3 bucket operations. :slight_smile:

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Thanks for the response.I have already checked that connector.I didn’t find action to read the file from S3. Could you please tell me which action from below list is used for reading file.

Thanks,
Pratiksha

Hi Pratiksha,

Currently, Amazon S3 connector is available in webMethods.io Integration FlowService. Please create Flowservice and use Amazon S3 connector to achieve your usecase.

1 Like

Pratiksha,

Please try with as Sandeep suggested and then you can call that io.flowservice inside your workflow step and execute the use case.

Hope it works for you!!

HTH,
RMG

Thank you for the solution.But if I use flow service then I am unable to export the workflow.It gives error saying it has flow service call in it.How can I export the workflow for migrating into other environment?

Thanks,
Pratiksha.

Hi Pratiksha,

did you check if using Deployer might help you here?
When selecting the Workflow for the Deployment Set it will ask how to handle the dependencies to other objects (the flow service in this case). You can then set this to “Add” to have the flow service added to the same deployment set.

See Deployer Users Guide for further informations.

Regards,
Holger

Pratiksha,

Are you talking about exporting as Recipe in IO instead of using the deployment stage option?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Yes, I am using Recipe in IO.As did not find option to upload workflow in specific folder in new environment.

Thanks,
Pratiksha.

Can you please try with deployment staging option instead of export/import?

HTH,
RMG

Where can I find deployment staging for webmethods_io_workflow?Is there any specific deployment document link for webMethods _io integration.

Thanks,
Pratiksha

Sorry…I will let IO experts here comment more on this deployment staging aspect promoting such kind of wf’s migration.

@Wayne please any suggestions on this deployment topic?

HTH,
RMG

Please take a look at https://docs.webmethods.io, in particular for stage management:
Stage Management - webMethods.io Integration

Thanks Dave for your immediate ack on this topic and info… appreciated!!!

@Pratiksha, Please check on this staged environment WF migration path.

HTH,
RMG