This article describes how to upload files to the Amazon S3 bucket using webMethods CloudStreams provider. It requires the bucket that needs to be created in the Amazon S3 first. Below are the steps for uploading the files to the Amazon S3 bucket.
- User Needs to have Amazon working credentials.
- Latest CloudStreams version installed with all the latest fixes.
- Latest CloudStreams connector for the Amazon S3.
- How to upload files to the Amazon S3 bucket using webMethods CloudStreams.
Any coding or configuration examples provided in this document are only examples and are not intended for use in a productive system without verification. The example is only done to better explain and visualize the possibilities.
1. Create the bucket in the Amazon s3, the name should be unique.
2. Create the ccs (cloud connector service) for “put Object” in the Amazon S3 bucket.
3. Create an empty flow service with any name, let Say “new_flowservice”.
4. Inside this empty flow service, invoke the “pub.file:getFile” inside your flow service.
5. Now drag your “putObject” ccs inside your flow service. And the flow will look like below.
6. Now we need to do mappings in order to upload the file in the bucket. Click on the get File flow and select the pipeline tab. In the Service In section, the user needs to provide the details for the file he wishes to upload on the bucket. In order to input the values inside the field like “filename” users need to double click on this field, and it will ask for the value to enter.
filename: the path of the file, needs to be uploaded. ex:- C:\Users\Desktop\abc.pdf
Similarly fill the other details like “loads, encoding”.
7. Now click on the ccs “putObject” flow and click on the pipeline tab. And do the below mappings.
aws.bucketName: bucket name, in which files need to be uploaded.
objectName: any name that the user wants to give.
8. After specifying all the input correctly, Its time to run the flow service.
9. It will successfully upload the file in the Amazon S3 bucket. The result is below.