Getting One or more definitions must be selected for load in "Collector Settings"

Hi All,
I am facing issue when defining environment settings in MWS to proceed to design BPM tasks.

PFA doc which has all configuration details and kindly help me to overcome this issue.

Thanks,
RP

EnvironmentSettings.docx (504 KB)

Hi RP,

Try to add web service data collector server and try again, as far as i see db pools will be different for each component but for test env. it is fine.

thanks
~Raj
mws.PNG

Hi,
I have added all 5 servers which you have specified but still i am getting – One or more definitions must be selected for load in “Collector Settings” exception in Validate step. Please let me know any other alternative.

Thanks,
RP

Dear All,

Any help on this request.

Thanks,
RP.

I think there is a little confusion about what DataCollector means in this case.

There is a WebService DataCollector available for both (Optimize for Infrastructure and Optimize for Process).

Additionally there is a Infrastructure DataCollector (or short InfraDC), which is the central component of Optimize for Infrastructure.

After adding the servers to the environment, go to the next tab an expand the “Infrastructure DC” node.
In this list there is an entry in which you can define the required definitions (MWS, IS, Broker, Natural, Adabas, …) which should be loaded. Select the desired ones and deploy the updates to Optimize Environment.

After the deployment consider a restart of the Optimize Engines (Analytic, WS DC and InfraDC).

Additional Information:
These steps are not really required for designing and working with BPM Models, Tasks, etc.
They are only neccessary if it is planned to measure certaing (technial) things for these like certain counts or durations automatically by BAM (Business Activity Monitoring). See Optimize Administration and Configuration Guides for further informations on this topic.

HTH,
Holger

I think there is a little confusion about what DataCollector means in this case.

There is a WebService DataCollector available for both (Optimize for Infrastructure and Optimize for Process).

Additionally there is a Infrastructure DataCollector (or short InfraDC), which is the central component of Optimize for Infrastructure.

After adding the servers to the environment, go to the next tab an expand the “Infrastructure DC” node.
In this list there is an entry in which you can define the required definitions (MWS, IS, Broker, Natural, Adabas, …) which should be loaded. Select the desired ones and deploy the updates to Optimize Environment.

After the deployment consider a restart of the Optimize Engines (Analytic, WS DC and InfraDC).

Additional Information:
These steps are not really required for designing and working with BPM Models, Tasks, etc.
They are only neccessary if it is planned to measure certaing (technial) things for these like certain counts or durations automatically by BAM (Business Activity Monitoring). See Optimize Administration and Configuration Guides for further informations on this topic.

HTH,
Holger

Hi Thomsen,

I have expanded “Infrastructure DC” node where i can find attached components but I didn’t get any thing like MWS, IS, Broker, Natural,…

I have creaed one process which had User Interaction to finish the task. I can find the developed process in MWS
MWS → Monitoring ->Business-> Process Instances but I didn’t find entry @ MWS ->Monitoring ->Business ->Tasks → Task List Management from where i have to perform user interaction step to finish it.

Kindly let me know if I am missing or doing anything wrong.

Thanks

Envir_Settings1.JPG

Hi All,
Also i can see below components are running in services but still in MWS, Analytical engire is not in running state. PFA snap for the same.

Thanks,
RP

Go to the Link “Collector Settings” under Infrastructure DC.

There you can select the types you want to monitor.

As of your screenshot you already have Broker and IntegrationServer selected.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for your comments but still i am facing the issue, not sure how to resolve this.

Thanks,
RP

Referring to your screen shot envir-settings:

go to the link “Infrastructure DC-> Collector Settings”.
check the Components for which you want the technical KPIs monitored: IS, MWS, Broker, …
save this
re-deploy the environmnent to your engines
Restart the engines

This will load the appropriate definitions for selecting the KPIs after you have discovered your assets (the instances of IS, MWS, Broker, …) under “Monitored Components”.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Al,
After a few trials of servers, i found a specific combination (PFA snapshot) which didn’t throw error, i am able to validate the logical servers but when I tried to deploy the environment i am getting below error, please have a look and kindly help me to resolve this. By the way I am using wM8.0 version

Error deploying logical server type “Prediction Engine v8.0.0.0” version “8.0.0.0” to host “localhost”
Deployment Error: could not bind to path: http://localhost:15003/services/IRemoteConfiguration.wsdl
One or more of the following configurations could not be deployed

System Identity
System Endpoint Registry
JDBC alias configuration type “Analytic Repository” version “7.0.0.0”
JDBC pool configuration “myDB_pool”
Configuration type “Journal Logging” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “JNDI Configuration” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Database Settings” version “7.1.0.0”
Configuration type “Prediction Settings” version “8.0.0.0”

Error deploying logical server type “Web Service Data Collector v8.0.0.0” version “8.0.0.0” to host “localhost”
Deployment Error: could not bind to path: http://localhost:15001/services/IRemoteConfiguration.wsdl

System Identity
System Endpoint Registry
Configuration type “DataCollector Settings” version “7.0.0.0”

Error deploying logical server type “Analytic Engine v8.0.0.0” version “8.0.0.0” to host “localhost”
Deployment Error: could not bind to path: http://localhost:15000/services/IRemoteConfiguration.wsdl

System Identity
System Endpoint Registry
Membership management
JDBC alias configuration type “Analytic Repository” version “7.0.0.0”
JDBC alias configuration type “Common Directory Repository” version “7.1.0.0”
JDBC alias configuration type “Process History Repository” version “7.0.0.0”
JDBC alias configuration type “Process Model Repository” version “7.0.0.0”
JDBC alias configuration type “Process Work Repository” version “7.0.0.0”
JDBC pool configuration “myDB_pool”
Configuration type “Station Settings” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Service Discovery Settings” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “SNMPAlert Settings” version “7.0.0.2”
Configuration type “WSAction Settings” version “7.0.0.2”
Configuration type “Cache Configuration” version “7.1.0.0”
Configuration type “Coherence Cache Configuration” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Tangosol Coherence Configuration” version “7.1.0.0”
Configuration type “Lock Configuration” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “JMSEventAction Settings” version “8.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Database Settings” version “7.1.0.0”
Configuration type “Data Maintenance Settings” version “7.1.0.0”
Configuration type “Amoeba Behavior Settings” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Analysis Engine Settings” version “8.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Mail Settings” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Monitor Behavior Settings” version “7.1.0.0”
Configuration type “Process Tracker Test Settings” version “7.0.0.0”
Configuration type “Process Tracker Settings” version “7.0.0.2”

Deployment of environment “MyEnvir” FAILED due to errors. Note that one or more logical servers may have been successfully deployed. The most common deployment failure is that the component was not started on the host specified in the logical to physical server mapping or was unreachable during deployment.

Thanks,
RP

Hi,

do you really plan to monitor KPIs of your System/Processes?

If not this part of the configuration is not neccessary:

Otherwise make sure that you have the engines (Analytic, Prediction, WS DataColletor, Infrastructure DataColletctor) installed and started before you try to deploy the environment.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks Thomsen for your help and time.

As part of servers, I didn’t see either BPM or BAM analytical engines in running state. Kindly suggest what should I do to make it run but I can see as part of services the necessary services are in running state. Kindly find my previously attached snapshots for the same.

Thanks once again to all for your help and time on this.

Thanks,
RP.

Hi All,
When I Looked into MWS logs, I found the below errors, kindly let me know way to get ride of these:

<log4j:event logger=“wsclient” timestamp=“1414986112477” level=“FATAL” thread=“btpool0-4”>
log4j:message</log4j:message>
log4j:NDC</log4j:NDC>
log4j:throwable</log4j:throwable>
</log4j:event>

Hi ll,
When I click on Check server status under servers, in logs it throwing the below error. And when I tried to open —http://127.0.0.1:12503/services/monitor.wsdl, its displaying blank page ( No error again ). Kindly help me to resolve this.

Error Msg:

014-11-04 10:36:33 IST (wsclient:FATAL) [RID:6] - com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy: Failed to bind to endPoint: http://127.0.0.1:12503/services/monitor.wsdl and interface: interface com.webMethods.bpo.service.monitor.IMonitorService: could not bind to path: http://127.0.0.1:12503/services/monitor.wsdl
com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.WSClientException: Failed to bind to endPoint: http://127.0.0.1:12503/services/monitor.wsdl and interface: interface com.webMethods.bpo.service.monitor.IMonitorService: could not bind to path: http://127.0.0.1:12503/services/monitor.wsdl
at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.getBinding(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:272)
at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.invokeMethod(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:88)
at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.invoke(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:134)
at $Proxy31.pingService(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.object.ObjectMethodContentProvider.refresh(ObjectMethodContentProvider.java:366)
at com.webMethods.caf.servers.ServersDefaultviewView.pingOptimize(ServersDefaultviewView.java:572)
at com.webMethods.caf.servers.ServersDefaultviewView.checkServerStatusAction(ServersDefaultviewView.java:551)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:187)
at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:297)
at com.sun.faces.application.MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.invoke(MethodBindingMethodExpressionAdapter.java:88)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.application.CAFMethodBinding.invoke(CAFMethodBinding.java:65)
at com.sun.faces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:102)
at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:387)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.component.table.html.DataTable.broadcast(DataTable.java:725)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.component.ViewRoot.broadcastEvents(ViewRoot.java:202)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.component.ViewRoot.processApplication(ViewRoot.java:116)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle$InvokeApplicationPhase.execute(PortletLifecycle.java:684)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle.phase(PortletLifecycle.java:256)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.PortletLifecycle.execute(PortletLifecycle.java:146)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet.processAction(FacesPortlet.java:245)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.impl.PortletApplicationHandler.process(PortletApplicationHandler.java:480)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:58)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:390)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:327)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Dispatcher.forward(Dispatcher.java:126)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.PortletContainer.dispatch(PortletContainer.java:219)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.PortletContainer.process(PortletContainer.java:130)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portletcontainer.PortletContainer.processPortletAction(PortletContainer.java:108)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.portlet.beans.rest.RestfulPCAHandler.handle(RestfulPCAHandler.java:194)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handle(DispatchManager.java:440)
at com.webMethods.portal.framework.dispatch.DispatchManager.handleDispatch(DispatchManager.ja

Hi RP,

If you are still unable to deploy environment in MWS due to below error especially with AE, try following steps.

Error deploying logical server type “Analytic Engine v8.0.0.0” version “8.0.0.0” to host “localhost”
Deployment Error: could not bind to path: http://localhost:15000/services/IRemoteConfiguration.wsdl
One or more of the following configurations could not be deploye

1. Under “define hosts”, create a new host name with exactly same as computer name (windows) / Unix (box name) instead of “localhost”
  2. Under “map servers”, configure AE component with that host name instead of Local.
  3. Re-deploy the environment.

Make sure all the components defined in your environment should be up and running when you click on “Deploy” button.

Before that, check if you have a optimize-directory in your installation directory available.

If not, there is no use to try to get this configured/deployed as of missing engines.

If yes, try to start the engines either manually or by service control.

The three entries under Settings in MWS only show, how to configure (if needed):

• an IS only instance
  • a BAM only instance
  • a mixed instance where Processes can promote data to Analytic Engine.

If you only have an IS instance and do not require the BAM/Optimize-Feature just delete the two others or ignore them.

Please check also in “MWS → About”, if there are tabs reading “Optimize for Infrastructure” or “Optimize for Processes”.

Please post the outcome of these checks here for further assistance.

Regards,
Holger

Hi All,

Thanks for all your inputs, i tried many options and spent very long time to fix it but nothing has worked out. I un-installed s/w. I will install it, configure once again and hope it will work this time.

Thanks once again for your valuable time.

Thanks,
RP

Good luck brother :lol: